Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Crabtree's reaction to Raiders picking DHB

Featured Replies

I'd be happy too if I just found out I didn't have to play for the Raiders!

I feel bad for all Raider fans.

 

With that said, the thing that less people are mentioning is that their 2nd round pick was waaaaaaay worse than their first round pick (I know, hard to believe.)

  • Author

Michael Mitchell is actually a pretty hard hitter, and it was actually founded out later that teams were wanting Mitchell in the 3rd round. I thought the pick was crazy at first, but after listening to further analysis the Michael Mitchell pick wasn't as crazy as it sounds, and Mitchell impressed many scouts at his teams pro day.

Michael Mitchell is actually a pretty hard hitter, and it was actually founded out later that teams were wanting Mitchell in the 3rd round. I thought the pick was crazy at first, but after listening to further analysis the Michael Mitchell pick wasn't as crazy as it sounds, and Mitchell impressed many scouts at his teams pro day.

 

 

ESPN said that one other team may have been interested in taking him in the 3rd round. No other teams were even considering taking him in the 2nd round. It's bad when you take a player that wasn't even invited to the combine in the 2nd round, and it's even worse when 90% of scouts predicted that he would go undrafted. It would have been completely different is he was chosen in one of the last few rounds.

  • Author

I'm not defending that it was the right pick, just stating that apprently the Bears were interested at #49 and a few teams inquired about him in the 3rd. Apparently 14 scouts were there for his pro day workout, so guess more than 1 team was interested. Remember, the Raiders are known to pick players who are off the charts, so lets not judge a pick before we see what becomes of Mitchell and Bey.

I'm not defending that it was the right pick, just stating that apprently the Bears were interested at #49 and a few teams inquired about him in the 3rd. Apparently 14 scouts were there for his pro day workout, so guess more than 1 team was interested. Remember, the Raiders are known to pick players who are off the charts, so lets not judge a pick before we see what becomes of Mitchell and Bey.

 

 

 

And that's why the Raiders have had a losing record for the past several seasons. In my opinion, this pick was worse than Janikowski. You're stats about the scouts are very misleading also. Around 14 scouts attended Ohio's pro day, not Michael Mitchell's, and I'm sure many of them were interested in him, but probably more interested in picking him as a 6th or 7th round pick, or maybe even signing him after the draft, not picking him in the 2nd round.

  • Author

The best part of that was (I believe) his father's face of relief.

 

yeah that's his father next to him, he was the first one that you could hear on tv go "PHEW!"

The Raiders could have easily, easily traded down and still get their top 2 picks. I couldn't believe the Heyward-Bey (sp?) selection, I was swept up in sympathy for Crabtree until the pick came in.

College to graduate school at UMd, I have read a little about Heyward-Bey in the school newspaper. I believe he had one big game this year and then disappeared. I was surprised he got picked so high. He will probably be a bust (for that pick), but be an average receiver. I believe he has talent, but not game changing talent.

 

Then again, Bey's college numbers don't tell the whole story, at least this past year, as the Maryland QB (Chris Turner) wasn't that great of a passer, to my recollection.

I feel bad for all Raider fans.

 

With that said, the thing that less people are mentioning is that their 2nd round pick was waaaaaaay worse than their first round pick (I know, hard to believe.)

 

 

dont remind me =[

  • 2 weeks later...

i like the phew look with the clearing of the forehead from his dad

 

i also love DHBs reaction - all the people around him going nuts, and him just slinking in his chair as someone puts a raiders hat on him - he looked seriously depressed

 

they also had to be expecting this right - he wasn't on that phone, but you have to assume at least a call was made?! - because he looked blindsided and a little bit upset

 

classic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.