5/17 Post Game

mystikol87

While Hanley dogs and dings, the Marlins fall 5-1 to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

W: Edwin Jackson (2-5)

L: Chris Volstad (3-4)

Coghlan, Ross, and Cantu all had 2 hits, but everyone else had an 0fer.

Edwin Jackson struck out 12 over 8 innings, while scattering 4 hits and walking just 2. Chris Volstad struggled to a 5 IP, 4 R (3 ER) performance. At least he only walked 1.

It's a really weird performance. Maybe it was down to the rain, but the Marlins looked really flat and almost like they had nothing left in the tank after the intense four games with the Mets. I know they're on a long streak of games here with some weird schedules, but they just looked like they couldn't be bothered.

It was very strange, but I'm hoping that JJ can dominate tomorrow and that our hitters can at least put in some good ABs.

Edwin Jackson struck out 12 over 8 innings, while scattering 4 hits and walking just 2. Chris Volstad struggled to a 5 IP, 4 R (3 ER) performance. At least he only walked 1.

2 earned runs. They took him out for a pinch hitter and couldnt pitch the 6th or it probably would have been another quality start. "Struggled?"

2 earned runs. They took him out for a pinch hitter and couldnt pitch the 6th or it probably would have been another quality start. "Struggled?"

3 ER, you are right. I coulda sworn it said 3. It certainly seemed like he was struggling early in the game, falling behind batters and such, not to mention the extra-base hit saved by Maybin's great catch. But I didn't watch every inning, admittedly, and it looks like he ended up throwing a lot of strikes, so I guess he ended strong?

5/18 Post Game?

Is this the work of the Hot Tub Time Machine? Tell me who won so I can make a bet on the game!

LOL! See, that's why I don't make these things!

Actually, I had no idea what the date was, so I checked the calendar on my desktop. It said 5/18, so I wrote 5/18 :banghead

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.