Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/17 Post Game

Featured Replies

While Hanley dogs and dings, the Marlins fall 5-1 to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

 

W: Edwin Jackson (2-5)

L: Chris Volstad (3-4)

 

Coghlan, Ross, and Cantu all had 2 hits, but everyone else had an 0fer.

 

Edwin Jackson struck out 12 over 8 innings, while scattering 4 hits and walking just 2. Chris Volstad struggled to a 5 IP, 4 R (3 ER) performance. At least he only walked 1.

It's a really weird performance. Maybe it was down to the rain, but the Marlins looked really flat and almost like they had nothing left in the tank after the intense four games with the Mets. I know they're on a long streak of games here with some weird schedules, but they just looked like they couldn't be bothered.

 

It was very strange, but I'm hoping that JJ can dominate tomorrow and that our hitters can at least put in some good ABs.

why is this only a two game series? Mahlins must be ired out from sweeping those Mets. Just get on another winning streak starting tomorrow. St. Louis be tough series starting Wed...

While Hanley dogs and dings, the Marlins fall 5-1 to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

 

W: Edwin Jackson (2-5)

L: Chris Volstad (3-4)

 

Coghlan, Ross, and Cantu all had 2 hits, but everyone else had an 0fer.

 

Edwin Jackson struck out 12 over 8 innings, while scattering 4 hits and walking just 2. Chris Volstad struggled to a 5 IP, 4 R (3 ER) performance. At least he only walked 1.

 

 

 

2 earned runs. They took him out for a pinch hitter and couldnt pitch the 6th or it probably would have been another quality start. "Struggled?"

  • Author

While Hanley dogs and dings, the Marlins fall 5-1 to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

 

W: Edwin Jackson (2-5)

L: Chris Volstad (3-4)

 

Coghlan, Ross, and Cantu all had 2 hits, but everyone else had an 0fer.

 

Edwin Jackson struck out 12 over 8 innings, while scattering 4 hits and walking just 2. Chris Volstad struggled to a 5 IP, 4 R (3 ER) performance. At least he only walked 1.

 

 

 

2 earned runs. They took him out for a pinch hitter and couldnt pitch the 6th or it probably would have been another quality start. "Struggled?"

 

3 ER, you are right. I coulda sworn it said 3. It certainly seemed like he was struggling early in the game, falling behind batters and such, not to mention the extra-base hit saved by Maybin's great catch. But I didn't watch every inning, admittedly, and it looks like he ended up throwing a lot of strikes, so I guess he ended strong?

 

5/18 Post Game?

 

Is this the work of the Hot Tub Time Machine? Tell me who won so I can make a bet on the game!

 

 

LOL! See, that's why I don't make these things!

 

Actually, I had no idea what the date was, so I checked the calendar on my desktop. It said 5/18, so I wrote 5/18 :banghead

5/18 Post Game?

 

Is this the work of the Hot Tub Time Machine? Tell me who won so I can make a bet on the game!

 

 

Just gotta make sure those pesky squirrels don't interfere with a ground ball!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.