November 25, 200322 yr This is just my crazy idea, but why not trade for Mike MacDougal? Great young pitcher, coming off a career year. Only had 27 saves with a 4.08 ERA, but I think he could prosper at PPS and under Trader/Rosenthal. Throws in the upper 90's, could be the perfect replacement for Looper. Thoughts?
November 25, 200322 yr This is just my crazy idea, but why not trade for Mike MacDougal? Great young pitcher, coming off a career year. Only had 27 saves with a 4.08 ERA, but I think he could prosper at PPS and under Trader/Rosenthal. Throws in the upper 90's, could be the perfect replacement for Looper. Thoughts? I'm not sure of this, but IIRC MacDougal padded those numbers up the 1st half, then struggled quite a bit the 2nd half last year. Good pitcher, but north worth trading for IMO.
November 25, 200322 yr Author This is just my crazy idea, but why not trade for Mike MacDougal? Great young pitcher, coming off a career year. Only had 27 saves with a 4.08 ERA, but I think he could prosper at PPS and under Trader/Rosenthal. Throws in the upper 90's, could be the perfect replacement for Looper. Thoughts? I'm not sure of this, but IIRC MacDougal padded those numbers up the 1st half, then struggled quite a bit the 2nd half last year. Good pitcher, but north worth trading for IMO. He also plays in the second best hitters park in the game (statistically). He'd be headed toward the best pitchers park in baseball. Quite a change there. If you can get him at a reasonable price, I don't know why you wouldn't. He has a HUGE upside. The reward outweighs the risk. Question is, would KC be at all willing to part with him.
November 25, 200322 yr This is just my crazy idea, but why not trade for Mike MacDougal? Great young pitcher, coming off a career year. Only had 27 saves with a 4.08 ERA, but I think he could prosper at PPS and under Trader/Rosenthal. Throws in the upper 90's, could be the perfect replacement for Looper. Thoughts? I'm not sure of this, but IIRC MacDougal padded those numbers up the 1st half, then struggled quite a bit the 2nd half last year. Good pitcher, but north worth trading for IMO. He also plays in the second best hitters park in the game (statistically). He'd be headed toward the best pitchers park in baseball. Quite a change there. If you can get him at a reasonable price, I don't know why you wouldn't. He has a HUGE upside. The reward outweighs the risk. Question is, would KC be at all willing to part with him. Good point on the ballparks, but the marlins will have to part with some good prospects to get him. A small market team like KC isn't going to part with a talented young pitcher for nothing.
November 25, 200322 yr I doubt KC is willing to depart with him considering he only made 301,000 last year.
November 25, 200322 yr The Royals will only get rid of the guys that wil cost more than 2,000,000 because they are cheap. Come on, they were trying to trade their 2 best players (Sweeney and Beltran) because they cost too much. Their cost the most BECAUSE theyre your best. Think...be like Steinbrener!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.