Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Golf Thread

Featured Replies

I'm a huge fan of golf, both playing and watching. I am a 12 handicap at Turnberry.

 

When I'm over in Miami next week I'm playing at the TPC Blue Monster @ Doral :thumbup

  • Author

I'm a huge fan of golf, both playing and watching. I am a 12 handicap at Turnberry.

 

When I'm over in Miami next week I'm playing at the TPC Blue Monster @ Doral :thumbup

 

 

Wow. I just started in January and Im a 15 handicap. You play Turnberry regularly?

I'm a huge fan of golf, both playing and watching. I am a 12 handicap at Turnberry.

 

When I'm over in Miami next week I'm playing at the TPC Blue Monster @ Doral :thumbup

 

 

Wow. I just started in January and Im a 15 handicap. You play Turnberry regularly?

 

Every Saturday morning. During the summer when it's nice and not dark till after 10 I often go down for 9 holes after dinner. It's only 15-20 mins in the car from my house.

 

That's good going being off 15 if you only started in January. If I had stayed at the course I played when I was aged 12-17 (currently 21) I would probably be off 6 or 7, but playing my medals on the Ailsa course at Turnberry can be pretty brutal!

Nice. I assume you also have to deal with the shifting winds right?

 

 

Wind on the links is terrible. I have not yet mastered keeping drives low to prevent them being swept off the fairway.

 

Depending on the wind direction, there is one par 3 in particular that I have hit both a driver and an 8 iron to depending on the gusts.

  • Author

Im going to go play on a links imitation today in a couple hours. The fairways are huge and i wont have to battle with the same wind that you usually do lol

  • Author

Im going to go play on a links imitation today in a couple hours. The fairways are huge and i wont have to battle with the same wind that you usually do lol

 

 

I ended up shooting a 92 today. The wind was stronger than usual. I couldn't hit a drive straight to save my life

Im going to go play on a links imitation today in a couple hours. The fairways are huge and i wont have to battle with the same wind that you usually do lol

 

 

I ended up shooting a 92 today. The wind was stronger than usual. I couldn't hit a drive straight to save my life

 

Need to master the low bump n' runs for next time at the links!

Playing TPC Deere Run here in a few days.. can't wait. Heat index needs to get below 120 though!

Playing TPC Deere Run here in a few days.. can't wait. Heat index needs to get below 120 though!

 

 

Weird as hell name for a course in my opinion!

 

Give Steve Stricker a call for some tips before you play. He's owned that course the last 3 John Deere's.

  • Author

which one? the Jim McLean one?

 

 

The TPC Blue Monster, where the Cadillac Championship is played

 

Nice. Have fun with the Bermuda Triangle and the beginning 3 holes. (if im not mistaken, theyre on the Blue Monster)

Took 94 blows to get round the Blue Monster yesterday. Played steady enough other than making a complete mess of 3 of the par 5's.

 

Absolutely fantastic course kept in wonderful condition. Found it difficult with so many greens being slightly raised on plateau's with numerous bunkers protecting them. Where I'm from, more often than not you can play a low runner up to the green, but not here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.