Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rumor: Blockbuster 3-Way Agreed To

Featured Replies

Jody Mac is reporting on WFAN out of New York that there is a deal in principle between the following three teams that would bring A-Rod to the Red Sox.

 

The Sox would send Garciaparra and Trot Nixon to the Phillies.

 

The Phillies would then send Rollins and Abreu to the Sox.

 

The Sox would then send Rollins along with Manny to the Rangers for A-Rod.

YIKES! I don't know whether to be worried or not. I think Rollins and Abreu are going to have bigger seasons than Nomar and Nixon in '04, at least collectively. The Phillies really didn't like losing to us last year.

A little more credibility than the Guerrero to Cleveland rumor. Let's recap, shall we?

 

Boston:

 

Loses Manny Ramirez, Trot Nixon and Nomar Garciaparra

Gets Bobby Abreu and Alex Rodriguez

 

Philadelphia:

 

Loses Jimmy Rollins and Bobby Abreu

Gets Nomar Garciaparra and Trot Nixon

 

Texas:

 

Loses Alex Rodriguez

Gets Manny Ramirez and Jimmy Rollins

 

 

Texas comes out even in salary, shaves 2 years or so off a big-name contract. I can see how Rollins + Ramirez = A-Rod. Boston gets about 5 million in terms of salary, but gets two long contracts. Luckily, they're for the type of players that you would feel comfortable with securing for the long term. They now have a left-field hole that can be filled easily. Philly obviously upgrades at SS and comes out about 5 in the red. Not the most beneficial of trades, but I like it because it's cool and ingenious.

wow, talk about a blockbuster deal. I think Rune mentioned a rumor about Nomar to the Phillies a day or so ago.

its all false this was just a rumor that rob neyer killed on the espn live chat he is having now

I want to see a link saying one thing or another though as far as if ARod is traded or not.

 

If so then the Yanks are screwed.

I'm suprised that rumor was even taken seriously. Just look at what the Phils give up and receive. I'm sure every single Rd Sox fan is suggesting every option under the sun for A-Rod to be the one to let a groundball go through his legs, but this deal? Wow. Who's the idiot who proposed that one? Eric Milton?

Just to Clarify this, I TOLD EVERYONE ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY!

 

Ilovekruk told everyone yesterday before anyone was reporting that Rollins and Abreau would be involved in this deal for Garciaparra.

 

I posted a link in The Pleasac thread and IloveKruk has yet to be wrong on anything(Called THe Milton Deal, Worrell being signed, and Millwood's arbitration before anyone in the media)

awwwwwwwww man that sacred me...... no lie.....

 

Nommmmmmah to the Phillies and Nixon for two stiffs......

 

Thank god it wont happen......

 

hopefully it doesnt..... and why the fux is Sheff taking so damn long to sign with the yanks not that im worried.....

Nommmmmmah to the Phillies and Nixon for two stiffs......

Abreu is a stiff? Wow.

 

Idiot.

Nommmmmmah to the Phillies and Nixon for two stiffs......

Abreu is a stiff? Wow.

 

Idiot. my thoughts exactly

Nommmmmmah? ? to the Phillies? and? Nixon? ? for? two? stiffs......

Abreu is a stiff? Wow.

 

Idiot. my thoughts exactly

 

I am a new Stiff for saying Abreu is a stiff......

 

clearly i didnt look at his stats all i remember was his batting averge in the 1st half the year......

 

my bad....... on that 1......

I'm not sure if this would've been a very good trade as far as the Phillies are concerned. I feel Abreu is much better than Nixon, and Garciaparra is only a small improvement over Rollins.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.