Michael King

Rydawg

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t477&player_id=650633#/career/R/pitching/2017/ALL

Someone to keep an eye on.  He's off to a Chris Paddack kind of start.  LOL  We'll trade him to the Rangers in June for Andrew Cashner.

0.47 ERA 19 IP 26 K's 3 BB's 0.63 WHIP .138 avg against

He'll be 22 in May and in low A ball.  He's about the right age for that league.  12th round draft pick last year out of Boston College.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2016/6/9/11862092/boston-college-baseball-draft-prospectus-2016-rhp-mike-king

Haven't been able to find anything on his velo.

The scouting report: King started out as a fastball-sinker pitcher without a true breaking pitch. Known as a guy who keeps the ball low in the zone, he's developed the breaking pitch more and more over his three years but is still primarily known as a groundball pitcher. On a team built around pitching and defense, it's perhaps seen no greater than with him. In a complete game victory this year against Louisville, King struck out six but induced 12 groundball outs, seven of which went to shortstop Johnny Adams.

Just found this:  https://baseballdraftreport.com/2015/12/14/2016-mlb-draft-prospects-boston-college/

For as much as I personally like Dunn, others have JR RHP Mike King as Boston College’s top prospect (pitching or otherwise) heading into 2016. Frankly, it’s hard to argue. I mean, I had planned to do just that in this very space, but have mentally backtracked before I even got the chance to start. King has a solid heater (88-92, 93 peak), above-average low-80s changeup, and outstanding overall command. If one of his two breaking pitches sharpens up, then he’s a threat to crash the top five rounds just like Dunn. If you’re keeping score, I’d give the advantages of command, control, frame, and track record to King. It also shouldn’t be discounted that his name sounds like “viking” when said quickly. Dunn gets the edge in fastball velocity, all-around bat-missing stuff (this is double-counting his fastball some, but I’d say his slider is more of a strikeout pitch than King’s change, even while acknowledging that they are both more or less equally effective pitches) and athleticism. I’ll stick with the claim that both have top five round upside, but hedge some and say it’s more likely they wind up in the six to ten round range, where they’d be potential steals. Bonus prediction: Dunn gets drafted higher this June, but King winds up the (slightly) better long-term professional player.