Huizenga & Local TV Deal Opportunity

THRILLHO

Imagine though signing a 25 years rights deal below market value in 1999.  Locking in for a quarter of a century and missing out on a bubble entirely.  It’s just...wow.  Although this completely ignores the domino effect of never having Loria come to town. 

Id love to understand the rationale in doing that.  Hindsight is 20/20 and i was young then so perhaps i dont truly understand the exact circumstances of that time, but doing that in the midst of a technological boom at the time would seem to be flatly absurd.

Here’s the full story.  

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/10/18/magazine/the-capitalist-a-miami-fish-story.html

i see your point. But it seems the idea was to get sportschannel a small boost in value which helped Huizenga. This was all part of a big plan to make the team more affordable for Smiley to buy.  I guess WaYne wanted a little boost for his TV station 

Ill never doubt Wayne's business prowess after him selling blockbuster at its peak at essentially the perfect time.  Sad that he doesnt really go out in public anymore because he appears to be sick.  Will always remember him crying after that Dolphins OT TD in their 1-15 season

Ill never doubt Wayne's business prowess after him selling blockbuster at its peak at essentially the perfect time.  Sad that he doesnt really go out in public anymore because he appears to be sick.  Will always remember him crying after that Dolphins OT TD in their 1-15 season

I went to the panther game when they retired a number in his honor. They put him on the big screen briefly. He’s definitely getting up there in years