Brinson makes opening day roster

I think this is an OK move. I get why it makes sense to keep him down for a month. 

But I think having him on the operning day roster is a PR move as well, and the franchise needs that. It sends a message that things are different now, they are not just about saving money, etc. 

It's small for now. But a few moves like this might start improving the way the franchise is perceived. 

Teams are locking their players up early. The Braves are talking with Acuna already. The Phillies locked up Kingery. If Brinson performs, he’ll have a deal long before the Marlins are good again.

again just completely missing the point.  It's like saying i shouldnt save money because a friend might win the lottery and give me money.  It could happen, but its stupid to put your eggs in that basket when that isnt guaranteed.  There is no guarantee he will want to re-sign not to mention youre costing yourself more money down the line because you have less team control and therefore less leverage.