Jeets........

DTrain

It’s funny how PROSPECTS like Soto and Kieboom for a PROVEN catcher are untouchable. JT is good for a 3.5 WAR every year for a long time. 

I get that Acuńa and Vlad Jr were off limits for JT.  But Soto is untouchable on a team that desperately needs a catcher to get over the hump? You gotta be kidding me. 

When is the the last time the Marlins traded a proven big leaguer and got a star prospect in return (that panned out while he was still a Marlin)? 

It’s funny how PROSPECTS like Soto and Kieboom for a PROVEN catcher are untouchable. JT is good for a 3.5 WAR every year for a long time. 

I get that Acuńa and Vlad Jr were off limits for JT.  But Soto is untouchable on a team that desperately needs a catcher to get over the hump? You gotta be kidding me. 

When is the the last time the Marlins traded a proven big leaguer and got a star prospect in return (that panned out while he was still a Marlin)? 

Kieboom isnt untouchable.  Soto is.  He is likely a top 5 prospect in all of baseball.  I agree with you that they should go for it in the last year harper is there in all likelihood and fix the one hole in their lineup, just telling you what they will likely say.  If they can get another catcher while keeping both i think they will choose to do that and then have 2 star prospects up ready to replace him next year.

I would have to see the remaining potential catching options available on the trade market before id call them stupid for doing that.   Also, I get "getting over the hump," but I think a lot of that is more luck than anything else.  They have the star starting pitching, they have the great lineup already, theyve just lost game 5 in the small sample size of the division series like 4 different times, and to me that is more luck than anything else.  IF i were them I go get some more shut down relievers before anything else, but i also havent looked all that deep into their team yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.