Manny Diaz Replies

miami15

Right now it seems the best thing that can happen is that Wayne sell the Dolphins and the stadium. The Marlins and new Dolphins ownership agree to buy the stadium together and the Marlins sign a new lease with themselves.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Dolphins are not going anywhere.Forget about the pro player and Loria can't afford to buy the stadium.

I would be upset. It has been a football only stadium for so long, why would anyone want to comprimise the quality of the stadium for football games to turn it into a crappy baseball stadium. Does anyone honestly think it could support a baseball team? The traffic is horrible, the parking is horrible, the seats are uncomfortable (which works out fot football games because im on my feet a lot of the time anyway, and viewing would be extremely awkward for a baseball game. Look at the picture in my signature. Tell me how you fit a baseball diamond in a playing surface designed for a grid-iron.

People ....

The Marlins don't have the cash up front.The 137 million dollars will be deffered money pay with out interest to the county.THe Malins certianly haven't done their part and I don't blame the city for not gift wrapping a stadium.

Ante up Marlins...

Find some sponsors and start collecting private money.

People ....

The Marlins don't have the cash up front.The 137 million dollars will be deffered money pay with out interest to the county.THe Malins certianly haven't done their part and I don't blame the city for not gift wrapping a stadium.

Ante up Marlins...

they have until march to come up with the money and the county will keep their end of the bargain.

the city has done absolutely nothing.

People ....

Ante up Marlins...

they have until march to come up with the money and the county will keep their end of the bargain.

the city has done absolutely nothing. From what I heard,the deffered money will be paid like a lease to the stadium.Much like the Florida Panthers were doing with broward until they said can't afford to make their payments.They absolutely have no money upfront.The Marlins want a new stadium without minimum contribution on their part.City of Miami could use those millions on a better cause like School system.

Marlins need to start raising private money in order to make this deal work.

NO stadium should be build with tax payer money since it's a private company.I don't see why cities accross country are obligated to help wealthy people build multi millions dollars sports complex.

Although In this case,I wouldn't mind if theCity help the team build the stadium.I just don't balme the city for their stance on the stadium issue.

From what I heard,the deffered money will be paid like a lease to the stadium.Much like the Florida Panthers were doing with broward until they said can't afford to make their payments.They absolutely have no money upfront.The Marlins want a new stadium without minimum contribution on their part.City of Miami could use those millions on a better cause like School system.

Marlins need to start raising private money in order to make this deal work.

actually, in the deal they worked out with the county, a portion of the money will be upfront, and a portion will be through future revenue. money through future revenues should not be an issue since the parameters of those future payments have yet to be set. most likely, the payments will simply be a percentage of certain different revenues. i'm not familiar with the terms of the panthers' lease, but merely paying the rent is not the problem for MLB franchises.

anyone who follows politics can detect when a politician is changing the subject in order to shift responsibility from himself.

the county agreed to put up $73 million IF the marlins can come up with their end of the remainder by march.

obviously the marlins have to raise the remainder from the private sector; no one is arguing this point.

the city is backing away from their original offer of land to the marlins IF the marlins can come up with the remaining funds. instead of repeating "if we build it, will you come?" mayor diaz is CLEARLY dodging the issue by raising questions of whether or not the marlins can come up with their contribution. if the marlins can't secure private funding, they wouldn't get the land anyway.

dude, while the OB does have history and memorable moments, it doesnt come close to the aura of fenway or lambeu or any of those places, its not that sacred and i dont think many will be upset if it is transformed to a muti-sport facility

How does it not?

dude, while the OB does have history and memorable moments, it doesnt come close to the aura of fenway or lambeu or any of those places, its not that sacred and i dont think many will be upset if it is transformed to a muti-sport facility

How does it not? Yeah!!How does it not?FishFanfolife elaborate....

All I want to see is...

Marlins make a bigger effort to raise private money to balance out the deal more so it works for both sides.

And that's what they are doing. They don't have to go public and say "we are working with such company to come up with X amount of the funds needed to secure the stadium"

All I want to see is...

Marlins make a bigger effort to raise private money to balance out the deal more so it works for both sides.

And that's what they are doing. They don't have to go public and say "we are working with such company to come up with X amount of the funds needed to secure the stadium" No?How about telling Politicians that they are woking on acquiring more money.