Baltimore still interested in Pudge?

PBMarlin

I don't mean to harp on the adventures of Pudge, but this is just friggin' incredible. :banghead

Please don't make this a thread full of personal attacks. :(

According to the Baltimore Sun:

Rodriguez's agent, Scott Boras, spoke with Beattie yesterday and said the Orioles remain in the picture. He indicated the two sides have resolved the length of the contract and are negotiating the financial terms.

No way Baltimore is going to spend another $8M/yr to add a back-up catcher. It is just beyond belief. Just goes to show how desperate Boras is becoming to make something happen. This guy is having a tough off-season.

I don't mean to harp on the adventures of Pudge, but this is just friggin' incredible. :banghead

Please don't make this a thread full of personal attacks. :(

According to the Baltimore Sun:

Rodriguez's agent, Scott Boras, spoke with Beattie yesterday and said the Orioles remain in the picture. He indicated the two sides have resolved the length of the contract and are negotiating the financial terms.

No way Baltimore is going to spend another $8M/yr to add a back-up catcher. It is just beyond belief. Just goes to show how desperate Boras is becoming to make something happen. This guy is having a tough off-season. Theres a DH in the al so javy will prolly DH/1b. And whats a tough offseason, he knows every deal signed is another Bentley for himself.. :angry

it could very easily be done. in fact, i think it would be smarter for them to get pudge rather than vlad... it gives them $$ to address their pitching concerns.

LA is looking to acquire a big name guy to help pump up fan enthusiasm, especially since kevin brown is gone now. depending on which team takes pudge, i'm guessing the other would want a piece of vlad.

I live in LA, and there hasn't been anything about the Dodger's being into Pudge or Vlad; in fact, some radio hosts are really taking them over the coals about not spending money.

A big reason for that is the pending sale of the team...if it goes through, they may make that big move, but no rumors, or even a hint of a rumor. that they're after Pudge or Vlad as of now

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.