Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

snowstorm

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by snowstorm

  1. the Mets fans say that there rookie Jae Weong Seo ( i think thats how it's spelled) has a better chance of winning ROY than Willis. Look at the Numbers!!!!! wtf are they talking about?!!! First 8 start totals of Seo and Willis Willis- 6-1 2.61era 14hits allowed Seo - 4-2 2.88era 57hits allowed Is it just me, or is Willis the better pitcher here?! :blink: Is that correct? 14 hits allowed in 8 starts? That borders on incredible. If that's true, hand Willis the ROY award now. :notworthy
  2. I saw this guy pitch in person at Cincy, and he really looks like the real deal. He's tough. This is really good news for the Marlins if he keeps it up, and so far he has.
  3. Wow. Good job against Mulder. I'm following this game (among others) in between innings.
  4. I really think your club is only a couple players away from competing for the NL East title. I really like the look of your pitching staff. Contrary to what some baseball people say, I think the Marlins can draw a large number of fans, but people need a reason to come to the ballpark, and trading away guys like Castillo and Lowell aren't going to bring people back. I remember watching the World Series in '97 on TV and there were 67,000 people there. So this club has shown that it can draw a large fan base.
  5. Such as...Let's say...Making Dunn the lead-off hitter today? Man, I would make Griffey the lead-off hitter before I put Dunn there... That move was pretty mild in comparison to some of the other moves he's made. He also took Griffey out of today's game in the 4th inning!! Talk about disrespecting your opponent. Boone is in no position to disrespect a good Marlins team after you guys beat us 4 out of 6 times. (By the way, good job by the Marlins-- I am very impressed with your ballclub.) In a game last year against St. Louis, he pulled Larkin out of the lineup in the 3rd or 4th inning when the Reds were leading 8-0. The Reds ended up losing that game 10-8, and it really set the tone for the rest of the year. Boone simply does not learn from past mistakes. :banghead
  6. I think the problem with Dunn is the fact that Bob Boone is manager. Boone is useless and I cringe anytime he coaches or gives advice to anyone. :angry He has already ticked off Dunn with his stupid managerial moves and unjustified benchings. How Boone still has a job is beyond me. :angry
  7. I can't believe that Gammons is still running his mouth about contraction. The players union would never allow it, Peter! And what about the fans, who will be the victims once again? Instead of looking to contract teams, maybe they should be trying to find ways to lure more people to the ballpark. Like, cheaper concessions, etc.
  8. Dibble's a jerk. He constantly bashes Griffey and his comments about Jack McKeon were out of line. Sometimes I think Dibble just does it to tick people off. He's a disgrace and I don't bother to listen to what he says anymore. :angry
  9. Congrats to the Marlins on the sweep of my Reds. The Marlins hit well and pitched well. I went to the game and Dontrelle Willis was outstanding. Baseball sure is a great game. One series you can look terrible, and the next you can look great. I said before this series that the Marlins were bound to play better soon and have better luck, and my concerns were very valid. I'm looking forward to the rematch in Miami this week. Good luck against the Expos.
  10. I'm not really sure why the Reds decided to add black to the uniforms. It used to just be red and white. I guess they thought it would look better with black too. Whether or not it looks better or worse, I guess is the opinion of the observer. Some Reds fans like it, but some don't.
  11. I just wanted to congratulate the Marlins for another win against our club tonight. In case you didn't know, Dunn, Boone, and Kearns went 0-10 tonight against your pitching. Shutting these 3 down isn't easy to do these days, but your pitching staff has done a great job the past 2 games. I'm going to tomorrow's game, so maybe the Reds will win one for me.... :whistle Anyway, great job by the Marlins. you definately deserved these 2 wins.
  12. Congrats to the Marlins for the win. It looks like my concerns were very valid. Pudge looks like he's heating up. Great job by your emergency starter. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game.
  13. 2 of 3 is a must.... and maybe, just maybe, if Penny gives us the 'start' we have been waiting for from him, and Pudge returns with some 'might', this could get the train rolling back towards the track Hey Ramp, You where I'm from. As a Reds fan, I am very worried about this series. The Marlins haven't been playing well and they're definitely due for some good luck. On the other hand, we always struggle with teams that aren't playing well. No matter what, I expect to get the Marlins best games, especially with Penny pitching tonight. Hopefully, our players are ready, but with this Reds team, you never know.... Anyway, let's play ball!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.