Anyone workout?

Buckeye

If so... Any workout philosophies you follow?

I'm personally a big fan of the Lance Storm (stormwrestling.com) way (4 times of 6-12 lifts). I'm getting back into the clubs here and in need of some technique stuff (especially in terms of actual workouts).

I also HATE using the bars and much prefer using the freeweights.

I workout 3 times a week. I use a combination of free weights and machines.

My workout consists of:

2 or 3 Chest exercises

3 Bicep exercises

3 Tricep exercises

1 Shoulder/Back exercise

2 Forearm exercises

2 Ab exercises

1 Quadericep exercise

1 Calve exercise

Not really big and dont plan to get big but I've defintely gained a lot more muscle than before because my arms were twigs and I had very flabby chest which has gotten harder now.

I was wondering anyone have any good exercises for shoulders and back I can do with free weights?

I was wondering anyone have any good exercises for shoulders and back I can do with free weights?

compound exercises are by far the best... i hope you're doing some sort of squat/leg press since that builds more mass than pretty much any exercise.

for shoulders you should definitely do the shoulder press with dumbells or the military press with a barbell. that's bread and butter there.

lateral raises with dumbells and upright rows with barbells are also worth adding to your routine... if you're past the "very beginner" stage you should be splitting your routines into muscle groups.

you're probably better off using the machines for back exercises, although shrugs are always good with free weights. if you really want to use free weights for your back, you can do the bent-over row with just a bar, or you can use one dumbell if youve got a bench. you can also lie down on the bench and do rows with a pair of dumbells.

hope that helps... you can probably find vids of most of these exercises online.

compound exercises are by far the best... i hope you're doing some sort of squat/leg press since that builds more mass than pretty much any exercise.

for shoulders you should definitely do the shoulder press with dumbells or the military press with a barbell. that's bread and butter there.

lateral raises with dumbells and upright rows with barbells are also worth adding to your routine... if you're past the "very beginner" stage you should be splitting your routines into muscle groups.

you're probably better off using the machines for back exercises, although shrugs are always good with free weights. if you really want to use free weights for your back, you can do the bent-over row with just a bar, or you can use one dumbell if youve got a bench. you can also lie down on the bench and do rows with a pair of dumbells.

hope that helps... you can probably find vids of most of these exercises online. thanks

Yeah I've seen some on Men's Health but just wanted to see what some of the guys on the board thought.

My workout consists of you can say 20min intervals of 4 sets of 12-15reps for each exercise:

First 20 Minute:

1 Chest

1 Bicep

1 Tricep

Second 20 Minute:

1 Forearm

1 Shoulder/Back

1 Chest

1 Tricep

1 Bicep

Third 20 Minute:

1 Tricep