Some notes on the basepaths

Guest Juanky

Guest Juanky

Just two things I noticed yesterday:

- Juanpy's new WR lean worries me. He isn't getting to first base as quickly as he used to. I guess we'll have to let time tell if he can get used the jump back, but getting picked off by Livan Hernandez isn't the way to start the season on the stealing path.

- Holding runners. Did we hold the runners at all? Everytime I glanced over Choi wasn't on the bag, and when there was a runner on second only once in the entire game did I see Luiy fake going to second for a throw. Castro was going to gun the ball to second to erase a runner in one of the later innings, but Gonzalez wasn't covering the bag and he couldn't get it there.

Just some thoughts.

- Juanpy's new WR lean worries me. He isn't getting to first base as quickly as he used to. I guess we'll have to let time tell if he can get used the jump back, but getting picked off by Livan Hernandez isn't the way to start the season on the stealing path.

- Holding runners. Did we hold the runners at all? Everytime I glanced over Choi wasn't on the bag, and when there was a runner on second only once in the entire game did I see Luiy fake going to second for a throw. Castro was going to gun the ball to second to erase a runner in one of the later innings, but Gonzalez wasn't covering the bag and he couldn't get it there.

Just some thoughts.

I've noticed that it doesn't take much to worry you guys on this forum. JP got picked off by one of the best guys in the business, couple that with the fact that Livan happen to guess right cause JP was taking off on that next pitch. Anyone would have been picked off there. I am not worried at all and neither should you. JP will be fine.

Guest Juanky

I am the last person in the world to panic on anything Juanpy does. Hopefully yesterday was just a fluke.

I have more of an issue with the not holding runners. I wonder what was up with that

Guest Juanky

Possibly, or maybe we are just really confident in Castro's arm. I want someone to test him and he smoke them already so frontrunners that still talk about Pudge (in my section there were plenty, they shut up about Lee when Choi jacked it out) can stfu.

Just some thoughts.

I've noticed that it doesn't take much to worry you guys on this forum. JP got picked off by one of the best guys in the business, couple that with the fact that Livan happen to guess right cause JP was taking off on that next pitch. Anyone would have been picked off there. I am not worried at all and neither should you. JP will be fine. djm,

this is a FORUM, for TOPICS to be DISCUSSED. Not everything is PANIC, sometimes a little DISCUSSION is thrown in too.

I'm kind of tired of seeing people jumped on when they bring something up.

oddly enough, djm305 just got jumped for starting a topic about Choi copying Bonds.... :D

ah, this board rules.

yeah i saw that. No need for anyone here to jump on anybody. I'm sure I've done it a few times myself but its almost in every single thread now. I'm tired of sifting through it all.

Just some thoughts.

It's what's commonly referred to as a one way lead. Pierre's logic behind leaning so much is to see the pitcher's move to first. Unfortunately, the plan backfired because his move was that good :confused . Nothing to worry about.

And I noticed that too, Fox was awful holding Everet on second, he had a good 6-7 step lead. That is as much Fox's fault as it is a lack of respect for Castro's arm though, once Castro starts gunning it around a little I think the leads'll get smaller...

Just some thoughts.

I've noticed that it doesn't take much to worry you guys on this forum. JP got picked off by one of the best guys in the business, couple that with the fact that Livan happen to guess right cause JP was taking off on that next pitch. Anyone would have been picked off there. I am not worried at all and neither should you. JP will be fine. djm,

this is a FORUM, for TOPICS to be DISCUSSED. Not everything is PANIC, sometimes a little DISCUSSION is thrown in too.

I'm kind of tired of seeing people jumped on when they bring something up. Hey I totally agree with you about jumping on people. I am a big guy and if I jumped on anyone I am sure it would not be pleasant. Anyhow, I did not think I was really jumping on him, but I have to admit seeing all these negative posts on this forum does frustrate me. I mean all the "Trade Choi", "Choi sucks", "Agon Sucks", "Replace Agon with Cabs, move Cabs to SS, put Nunez in RF" I mean jeez I hate it when players struggle and we can talk about their struggles in a much more constructive way than "He Sucks". As for this thred I was just explaining why there is no need to panic. I honestly don't see how I "jumped" on him.