Marlins Batting Stats

I know the season is only 4 games old for the Marlins, but I've been looking at the Marlins' players' batting averages. For a lot of them, it's pretty high. Lowell is .500

Redmond is .600, but he's only been to the plate 5 times this season. Of course D-Train is 1.000 with his 3 for 3 night against the Spos. Juan Pierrie is .333, and Cabera is hitting .313 And Niner is hitting a respectable .267. The Marlins have turned the bats on this far, hope they can continue.

Guest Juanky

Yesterday we still weren't hitting well with men on. We just had that one explosive inning where everything came together, and then a random run later on thanks to some setting up and stuff.

The Marlins have not turned on the bats so far. Our batting average is good, but that's about it offensively. We're 5th in the league in batting, with a .292 average. But we're tied for 12th in runs scored with 13. While our average is good, we're not drawing any walks so our OBP is only .328, which is 11th in the league. We're also not getting a lot of extra base hits - our slugging percentage of .400 is also 11th in the league.

We're winning for one reason - pitching and defense (I guess that's two reasons). Our team ERA is 2.25, best in baseball. Our WHIP is 1.00, best in baseball. Our starters have been incredible and the bullpen has done the job, even if they've looked a little scary at times. That's fine - we're supposed to win with pitching and defense, and that's what we're doing.

The Marlins have not turned on the bats so far. Our batting average is good, but that's about it offensively. We're 5th in the league in batting, with a .292 average. But we're tied for 12th in runs scored with 13. While our average is good, we're not drawing any walks so our OBP is only .328, which is 11th in the league. We're also not getting a lot of extra base hits - our slugging percentage of .400 is also 11th in the league.

We're winning for one reason - pitching and defense (I guess that's two reasons). Our team ERA is 2.25, best in baseball. Our WHIP is 1.00, best in baseball. Our starters have been incredible and the bullpen has done the job, even if they've looked a little scary at times. That's fine - we're supposed to win with pitching and defense, and that's what we're doing.

Nice summary! Thanks.

the season is only? 4 gms old

but seriously, in our 3 wins we have (in order) 10 hits 11 hits and 11 hits but have only scored 4 runs, 3 runs and 4 runs

un problemo? maybe

well, we've gotten lots of hits, but we've also gotten very few walks.

so overall we've still been getting a pretty average number of baserunners.

Lowell, Choi, and Cabrera are all doing great but the rest are doing pretty bad, especially conine, castro, and gonzalez

Castro will learn. Gonzalez seems to be breaking out of his slump. Niner looks like he is still sick a little bit. No time to be hating them now...

I don't care about having the fewest runs at the moment because it is early in the season. Some players haven't exactly got in a groove yet and some are facing some pitchers for the first time...