Who else is mad after tonights loss?

Libelula

I know it's early, and I'm not trying to sound like our favorite complainer, but tonights game just stunk. No clutch hitting, or ANY hitting for that fact. Mike Redmond is hot, but he doesn't play. Juan Pierre is cold, but he DOES play. And not onlt that, but SEA BASS PLAYS TOO! Whatever happened to manufacturing a run?! JP tried to bunt ONCE. Louie didn't try and Nunez didn't either. When we did get on base, everything was just a home run swing or watching the ball go right by them for strike 1. Nunez get's 10 homers in ST and now he thinks he's a home run hitter. NO! You're not! We need your speed and we need you hitting for average! Oh well, let's go get 'em tomorrow!

Well, you do sound like a bunch of unfounded whining.

Give some credit to Ortiz. He pitched a great game. Started out working the ball in and out, hitting all of his spots. He was damn near unhittable.

Beckett made several mistakes, and did not look sharp in the first inning.

It happens. Ortiz was due. He had two bad outings on the road, and came home to pitch a very nice game. Reitsma and Smoltz were very good as well.

JP may be struggling, but no way you take him out of the game...that is a ridiculous suggestion. Same goes with Gonzalez who was just stellar in the field tonight.

Support your team. Every night is not going to go our way. We are 8-3...an excellent start.

Let's cheer Penny on as he takes the mound tomorrow. :thumbup

Give some credit to Ortiz. He pitched a great game. Started out working the ball in and out, hitting all of his spots. He was damn near unhittable.

It happens. Ortiz was due. He had two bad outings on the road, and came home to pitch a very nice game. Reitsma and Smoltz were very good as well.

JP may be struggling, but no way you take him out of the game...that is a ridiculous suggestion. Same goes with Gonzalez who was just stellar in the field tonight.

Support your team. Every night is not going to go our way. We are 8-3...an excellent start.

I didn't want to sound like I was whining. I just think that if a guy is struggling, you give him a day off to think about it.

I didn't want to sound like I was whining. I just think that if a guy is struggling, you give him a day off to think about it. whats JP gonna do with a game off

we have to have confidence in him

dude played 162 last year; what would he think about being benched now?

are you going to sit a player every time he doesn't bat? you guys don't know s*** about baseball, apparently. This is a sport, you have ups and downs, you hit and you go into slumps. Stop b***hing about sitting this or that... :banghead

Oh please. I know plenty of baseball. Juan Pierre is 1 for his last 19. If A-Gon slumps, we talk about sitting him. If Conine slumps, we say "GIVE OMGNUNEZ A CHANCE!" But wait a second, GOD FORBID JUAN PIERRE ACTUALLY GOES INTO A SLUMP! The guy is playing like crap lately and he needs some time to think about it. Don't get mad because I suggest he be benched for a game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.