Some Kobe Commentary.....

Craig

This thread is about Kobe off the court, but I'm putting it in other sports anyways since it's Kobe, feel free to move this mods if it doesn't belong here....

I am quite frankly tired of the whole "Kobe In Court" drama. Look, this guy isn't going through horrible things physically when he goes to court and plays a game the same day. Kobe's day includes the following during these rare occasions:

Wakes up early (I do it 5 days a week, big deal)

Get on a private plane

Sit in an air conditioned court room for a few hours and listen to lawyers argue

Get back on a private plane to LA, with dinner waiting for him

Get to the stadium

Get dressed

Play a game for millions of dollars

Have people say how amazing he is for doing these things.

Look, i'm guessing it's tough mentally for somebody to go to court for rape charges and play in an NBA game the same day, but it's being far overstated how amazing Kobe is for playing and dealing with legal issues this season, and I wanted to address this issue and see what you all think.

I see your point however...

well first of all, it's already pretty nice to drop 42 points on a high caliber defensive team

but you can't really imagine how hard it is to have to worry about a court case and your career at the same time unless you go through it

i personally think it must be hard as hell to have to sit through court and hear about how this over and over again and think that this isn't some temporary "I stole some gum from a gas station" case but a case that jeapordizes your career, your relationship with your wife, and your whole life in general regardless of it being your own damn mistake because you can't keep your pants on but that's beside the point.

it's not like i think OMG OMG KOBE IS THE MOST AMAZING PERSON EVER but i think he's pretty damn nice to balance all that out and not let this case get in the way of his job

he's lucky the trial is in the summer

He deosnt just sit in the court room, he has to hear people argue about where he will be spending th next 20+ years of his life. Not that comforting.

He should of thought about that before he stepped out on his old lady for a teenager in some hotel room.

Great point Mags.

He should of thought about that before he stepped out on his old lady for a teenager in some hotel room.

Exactly.....

He, at best, is scum who cheated on his wife (and yes, I'm aware Jordan cheated on his wife too people).

And at worst, he is scum who raped a girl, which is just about the lowest crime next to murder you can find IMO and in the opinion of anybody is one of the worst crimes there is out there.

Yet the media makes Kobe out to be some amazing hero, this is why the media is stupid.

Althought I do agree with the whole point of "WTF was he doing cheating on his wife in the first place," I still think it's amazing how he goes out there and performs the way he does.

I know a lot of people would break down. Your whole life could go down the drain. Everything you have you could lose. But he only has himself to blame anyway.

If only Ramon Castro could follow Kobe's steps! >_

He deosnt just sit in the court room, he has to hear people argue about where he will be spending th next 20+ years of his life. Not that comforting.

Great point Mags. I agree with you. Im just saying you make court seem like a walk in the park.

or you could take the point of view that being able to play basketball is a release from the stress of life

that being in court on the same day only puts the nights game into a better context, causing a player to relax

knowing that this could be your last chance to stamp the game you may try to not worry about other distractions (fa status, teamate bickering etc - all the things which in my opinion would hurt basketball performance even more) and just go out there and play hard

right now they aren't even really arguing his case .. this is all preliminary BS .. he knows he's going to trial, he knows the real arguements start there .. right now is just positioning with the outcome pretty much known before the steps are taken

stressful for sure ... but it's not like his case is before a jury right now

Guest Juanky

Well, I guess I'm going to have to say what I think in two different parts.

- What he is doing on the court is impressive, but NOT because of the whole trial situation. No, it's impressive just on basketball merits only. I could care less about his problems in the courts because he is paid millions of dollars to play basketball. I'm not going to pretend that I played in Major League Baseball or anything, but when I put on the gear and the mask every other problem, difficulty, and success for that matter goes out the window. The only thing that exists is the plate, the pitcher's mound, and the rest of the diamond as viewed through the mask of the catcher. And I do this NOT being paid millions upon millions of dollars. I don't pretend to have a trial hanging over my head, but it his job. Him doing his job isn't anything spectacular, he is paid to do it.

- OK drop the court thing completely from the media. I don't want 24/7 coverage, telling me that Juror #7 spelled her coffee. Please, you are making it out to seem that raping a teenage girl and doing it to spite your extremely gorgeous wife is a good thing. Look at all the attention he is getting and all the love from the media and the public. For raping someone? And like Mags said, at best cheating on his wife? Please. This is disgusting.