Marlins All-Stars...

djm305

Well I know there was a thread started on something similar to this a while ago. But anyhow to re-visit the topic.

In my opinion I beleive that only 4 Marlins will make the All-Star team. But once again we will be shut-out of the starting line-ups...

First Off, Offensively only

Cabrera & Lowell will make the team.

I think Lowell deserves the starting spot for the NL but due to popular VOTe Rolen will probably start. Cabrera MAY start, but he is still young and may not get the popular vote.

Pitchers. Now I love Pavs.... But honestly

Only Penny & Benitez will make the All-Star team. (Since Jack is coach he may take Pavs too, let's see how they do the rest of the way)

Here are some rankings (from the CBS player rankings to note).

3B http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/playerrankin...egularseason/3B

Lowell ranked 3rd Overall in the MLB 2nd in NL to (Castilla?? Numbers don't add up Lowell has him beat pretty well if you ask me)

RF http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/playerrankin...egularseason/RF

Cabrera is ranked 4th in MLB 3rd Amoung NL players to Burnitz & Abreu, but it's really close!

Relif Pitchers http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/playerrankin...egularseason/RP

NOT EVEN CLOSE....Benitez running away with it....

Starting Pitchers http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/playerrankin...egularseason/SP

Penny ranked 4th in MLB and 4th in NL to Clemins, Glavine, Zambrano

Guest Juanky

Castillo now has alot better chance thanks to Giles going down for 6-8 weeks. If he can start hitting he might get voted in the starter.

Castillo now has alot better chance thanks to Giles going down for 6-8 weeks. If he can start hitting he might get voted in the starter.

Are you crazy? Castillo and his .240 AvG? no way. I love Castillo but no way he deserves an all-star appearence this year

EDIT: I think Kent deserves it more....he has had a good year at 2nd base for HOU. That said, due to the lack of talent at 2nd BASE I may be wrong. Castillo may just get the vote.. but he doesn;t deserve it. Bad year so far for him. I think he will turn it around though. Maybe he can even have respectible numbers by the all-star break.

Guest Juanky

My All Stars:

1B- Delgado, Choi

2B- Belliard (just cuz), Castillo (he'll get in gear)

SS- Young, Renteria

3B- Huff, Lowell

C- Benito Santiago (just cuz), Matheny

OF- Beltran, Manny Ramirez, Magglio Ordo?ez, Miguel Cabrera, Juan Pierre, write in for Brooks Kieschnick

My All Stars:

1B- Delgado, Choi

2B- Belliard (just cuz), Castillo (he'll get in gear)

SS- Young, Renteria

3B- Huff, Lowell

C- Benito Santiago (just cuz), Matheny

OF- Beltran, Manny Ramirez, Magglio Ordo?ez, Miguel Cabrera, Juan Pierre, write in for Brooks Kieschnick

ok seriously..... ????? :blink: Your list is totally UNRELAISTIC....

Choi? all-Star? Not when you got Helton, Thome, Pujols, Bagwell, Hell Overybay is having a monster season with MIL.

Why do you have AL players mixed with NL players?

and your OF is all messed up.... Where is Bonds?

Guest Juanky

I didn't specify which was which league because I would hope that people are intelligent enough to know who is in which leagues.

I refuse to vote for Barry Bonds for anything. Personal thing.

I vote for Choi so he has some sort of recognition. I know he isn't going to start, might as well get his name out there.

I don't see anything wrong with either team.

Picks you COULD question: Choi (answered), Belliard (I like him), Luiy (I stated my reasons), Kieschnick (the guy is just the man and he deserves to be there on pure awesomeness, PLUS he's doing pretty well).

Just remember that Jack will pick the reserves and its a tradition to reward your guys what they did for you to get there. I think Lowell, Cabrera, JP, and Mando are locks. I also think that atleast one, maybe two, out of Penny, Pavano, and Beckett will go. Castillo could also be in the mix. So I think we'll have between 5-7 guys on the team.