Contraction, Relocation, Expansion

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

i know we are years from contraction, and expansion but what are some of the things mlb should do.

these are my suggestions:

-no more teams in Canada the teams can't survive

-teams in washington and las vegas maybe the carolinas

-move montreal to washington and toronto to LV or the carolinas

-build stadium for a's, and twins, if not move them.

-no more expansion

-move a's to san jose and pay the giants for territorial rights.

-NL team in Conn, it will be packed most of the time.

-no more expansion teams.

-salary cap, so the weaker teams can survive.

*joins 600th post club*

team in carolinas = :thumbup

i agree wholeheartedly. The Twins considered Greensboro in 1998, we even had a referendum but the residents of the area voted down a tax to build a stadium. This area couldn't support a team anyways. About a million in the Triad here. That's not that big of a fan base. Charlotte should have one though.

Guest Moneyball

im pretty sure the carolina would be low on the list for a team, they have other places to put a team before the carolinas. i would like to see one in conn

Guest Moneyball

if splitting the two leagues into 15 teams means continuous interleague play then i'm against it.

even though iyt would be nice getting 25-35k on a weekday when the yanks and sox come toi miami, a couple teams a year.

Charlotte had an NBA and it didn't survive so they moved it to New Orleans.

But they're getting a new team next year. I really don't understand that.

Build a team, move it because of attendence, have people complain that they don't have any basketball, make a team, and watch it all happen again. If it didn't work before it probably won't work again. And The Hornets weren't even bad.

Charlotte had an NBA and it didn't survive so they moved it to New Orleans.

But they're getting a new team next year. I really don't understand that.

Build a team, move it because of attendence, have people complain that they don't have any basketball, make a team, and watch it all happen again. If it didn't work before it probably won't work again. And The Hornets weren't even bad.

The Hornets were among the league leaders in attendance for the first 10 years they were in Charlotte. The last few years however, George Shinn, one of the worst owners in sports, alienated all of the fans just as he is currently doing in New Orleans. They didn't want to build a new arena for him and that was a neccesity. Charlotte is a great basketball market, better than New Orleans.

The Expos will likely move to DC.

Toronto will stay.

Oakland may move to Portland.

Expansion will come in the next decade when the owners become greedy for another billion in expansion fees. Charlotte, Monterrey, Las Vegas, Portland will all options. One of them that is left out must be a solid major league city to threaten existing cities with like MLB has done with Tampa and Washington the past 20+ years.

Gotta get a team in the capital. Would love to see the Expos move there. Portland is also making a bid for the Expos with a stadium offer, but I think a better fit would be DC. Them resigning Vidro shows they're interested in the move.

The Twins need to stay in Minnesota. The A's need to stay in Oakland. Too much history in both cities. They'll need to work out stadium deals though.