It's on in the AL Central

Craig

The White Sox destroyed Minnesota 17-7 today, improving to 25-18 and tying the Twins for first place after winning 3 of 4 at the Suckdome up in Minnesota.

Now, I know Twins fans like Phlub will whine about the injuries Minesota has, but the fact is the White Sox sent a message this weekend that the Twins aren't going to just run away with this division.

Oh, and let me take this opportunity to point out that Ozzie Guillen is the man. :thumbup

The White Sox destroyed Minnesota 17-7 today, improving to 25-18 and tying the Twins for first place after winning 3 of 4 at the Suckdome up in Minnesota.

Now, I know Twins fans like Phlub will whine about the injuries Minesota has, but the fact is the White Sox sent a message this weekend that the Twins aren't going to just run away with this division.

Oh, and let me take this opportunity to point out that Ozzie Guillen is the man. :thumbup

I would also like to point out that the Cubs are also tied for 1st...in a better division....with a lot more key injuries.

That's all, folks. Go Twins.

I would also like to point out that the Cubs are also tied for 1st...in a better division....with a lot more key injuries.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on the Twins. The Sox don't have Jerry Manuel calling the shots anymore, which was the main reason the Twins won this division last year.

Oh, and I was sorry to hear Wood had to stop his simulated game today after 7 pitches due to "pain" today. :lol :thumbup

I wouldn't get my hopes up on the Twins. The Sox don't have Jerry Manuel calling the shots anymore, which was the main reason the Twins won this division last year.

Oh, and I was sorry to hear Wood had to stop his simulated game today after 7 pitches due to "pain" today. :lol :thumbup Prior's doing well. Time for you to panic.

Why do the f*** do Cubs and White Sox fans hate each other so much?

I don't hate D-Rays fans!

I mean seriously, they aren't even in the same division. Hell, they aren't even in the same league!

Stupid rival created by fans.

I think it is because the teams are in the same city. It really goes back a couple of generations. very interesting.

A Cubs vs White Sox Worlds Series would be something

Hey, the Tigers are still hangin' in there, but barely. 21-22 as of yesterday. They could sneak up... :thumbup

As a former Detroilet resident I admire your optimism, but finally must make the following conclusion:

Meh. :(

:lol

you guys are funny. i couldn't imagine doing this with a d-rays fan.

Well I consider it more of a tongue and cheek thing with Rippy since I don't have a problem with him, but yeah it gets REALLY ugly between Cubs and Sox fans sometimes.

I think it is because the teams are in the same city. It really goes back a couple of generations. very interesting.

A Cubs vs White Sox Worlds Series would be something

Yeah, the rivalry is so heated mainly because both teams are in the same city, so each team's fanbase has to deal with the other teams fanbase, and for some reason it's always been one or the other with the Cubs in Sox in terms of which team you like.

I would have to agree that it's very interesting, and a lot of fun, and it's been so much more fun now that the Cubs and Sox play each other every year.

So that's the best way I can explain it, but you'd have to be from here to truly understand it.

Why do the f*** do Cubs and White Sox fans hate each other so much?

I don't hate D-Rays fans!

I mean seriously, they aren't even in the same division. Hell, they aren't even in the same league!

Stupid rival created by fans.

Two teams separated by 8.1 miles for 100 years, with neither winning a championship since 1917. When you go that long without winning anything, you have to look for other things to get excited about -- i.e., the other team sucking just as much or worse. Hence, the root cause of the rivalry. And that doesn't even get into the decades old divides along geography, race, religion and economic class.

There's really nothing like Cubs-Sox in all of sports. Yankees-Red Sox is a great rivalry and it gets all the publicity, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Crosstown Classic.

UPDATE:

White Sox shut down the mighty Rangers offense and shut them out 4-0, and 9-0 on back to back nights.

The Sox are now 27-19, 1 game ahead of Minnesota for 1st, with the Angels coming to town for 3 games starting tonight.