the perfect game

AreeSongRules

i was just wondering, they say that the perfect game is the hardest achievement in sports to accomplish, but i was wondering... what about a quadrupel-double in basketball? they have double-doubles and triple-doubles, but im talkin about a quardupel-double, (i.e: xx points, xx rebounds, xx steals, xx assists) has anyone ever achieved that?

All I know is that Ron Artest was pretty damn close against one game vs the Heat 2 seasons ago.

He had like 8+ in all those categories.

But yeah, 4 people have done it.

Last one being David Robinson but he did it with blocks, not steals.

Jason Kidd got quadruple-double once with turnovers. Yes, TOs count.

it doesn't count because that's not an accomplishement at all, the triple double out of it is but turning the ball over 10+ is sad and doesn't record as that 4th double - only works with pts, assts, rbs, blcks, and steals i believe.

Jason Kidd got quadruple-double once with turnovers. Yes, TOs count.

it doesn't count because that's not an accomplishement at all, the triple double out of it is but turning the ball over 10+ is sad and doesn't record as that 4th double - only works with pts, assts, rbs, blcks, and steals i believe. It does count even though it's not good. Very few players done it with triple doubles. That's what someone told me.

Guest Juanky

Perfect Game is by far the hardest to do. Just because a quadruple double is more rare doesn't mean it is more difficult.

BTW, TO's don't count. It's POSITIVE categories.

Perfect Game is by far the hardest to do. Just because a quadruple double is more rare doesn't mean it is more difficult.

no it's not. i think you are forgetting the 5-doubles. which i believe has NEVER been done before. that's the hardest thing to do... shoot, it's so hard no one ever talks about it because it's almost impossible.

Guest Juanky

no it's not. i think you are forgetting the 5-doubles. which i believe has NEVER been done before. that's the hardest thing to do... shoot, it's so hard no one ever talks about it because it's almost impossible. Again, just because it has never been done doesn't make it more difficult than something that has been done. A perfect game has been thrown 17 times, in how many years of baseball history? Over a century.

To throw a perfect game you have to sit down every single hitter you face, no matter what. Your defense can't mess up at all, you can't mess up one single pitch the whole game, because major leaguers do not forgive your mistakes. You have to do this for an entire game. You know how much pressure that entails?

Besides, getting doubles in all 5 of those categories is impossible, mostly because a player who will be getting ten steals and ten dimes won't be blocking ten shots. Two different kinds of players.

no it's not. i think you are forgetting the 5-doubles. which i believe has NEVER been done before. that's the hardest thing to do... shoot, it's so hard no one ever talks about it because it's almost impossible. Again, just because it has never been done doesn't make it more difficult than something that has been done. A perfect game has been thrown 17 times, in how many years of baseball history? Over a century.

To throw a perfect game you have to sit down every single hitter you face, no matter what. Your defense can't mess up at all, you can't mess up one single pitch the whole game, because major leaguers do not forgive your mistakes. You have to do this for an entire game. You know how much pressure that entails?

Besides, getting doubles in all 5 of those categories is impossible, mostly because a player who will be getting ten steals and ten dimes won't be blocking ten shots. Two different kinds of players. it's not impossible. how can u call that impossible? and im pretty sure getting 5 doubles IS harder than a perfect game. you have to look at the odds. 17 perfect games in a whole lot of games is very rare.... but zero 5 doubles in a whole lot of games tells you it's even more rare... but it CAN be done. it's not impossible.

Guest Juanky

No, I'm telling you right now, IT CANNOT BE DONE. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

You cannot get double digits in all five of those categories because they are for different kind of players. A player who steals alot of balls cannot be blocking shots because they are on different parts of the court. It is IMPOSSIBLE. Not even a freak like KG could come close because it can't be done.

Maybe if you were asking something realistic, like scoring 100 points in a game (which has been done), then you'd have an argument.

And even then, throwing a perfect game is still harder.

tell me one player that would be capable of accomplishing that.

like juanky said, steals and blocks are two different players.

you can't be inside the paint blocking shots and then getting 10 steals on the perimeter at the same time.

AND still getting enough boards, assists, and points.

that's one hell of a versatile player

pff. not happening.

Guest Juanky

It might be possible....

on a video game with a created player.

Nope, not even on easy with someone with all 99's can that be done.

It might be possible....

on a video game with a created player.

Nope, not even on easy with someone with all 99's can that be done. I say it can. On 12 minute quarters at least. Because you could just focus on one thing at a time.

Guest Juanky

Maybe if you tell everyone else to get the hell out of your way maybe.

And even then you are going to need some lucky bounces.

A 5thingqindouble is possible, but highly unlikely. So is hitting 6 homers in a game or something. But if there are a lot of OT's maybe someone like Kirilenko or KG could pull it off. Maybe Penny will go 5-5 and hit 5 HRs tommorow and throw a perfect game.