Most Likely to Win Their Division

Clapinski02

I would love to count out the Braves, but at 3.5 back I am afraid its too early. They have had a pile of injuries, and there is still a lot of baseball to be played. With 4 teams within 3.5 games of the lead, it is shaping up to be a good stretch run. It should be fun to watch.

I do think that the Braves are done this season. They have a solid team, but not enough to win the division unless we totally fall apart and the Phillies implode. Even then, they would still have to beat out a tough Mets team.

I think you have to go with us, objectively, because we have the best defense, the best starting pitching, the best closer. We also are only going to get better - think about it, Phelps just has to hold it down, which he has more than done, until Beckett comes back then he will slide into the pen. There are also guys on the horizon that I think will be factors in our pen, like Neu, that will only help the pen get better.

And the offense will improve. Conine is coming around, Castillo is hitting again, even AGon is contributing. Treanor will be solid and platooning with Red will only help the pitching as well as the offense. Choi is improving with every game. Easely will get some significant time and will contribute.

And that is before we make a trade - if we do.

This team IS the favorite and IS the best team in the NL East. We have the experience and the chemistry and the confidence. This team wont quit and believes that IT IS THE CHAMPION that it was last year.

I dont see a reason to count us out.

I do think that the Braves are done this season. They have a solid team, but not enough to win the division unless we totally fall apart and the Phillies implode. Even then, they would still have to beat out a tough Mets team.

I think you have to go with us, objectively, because we have the best defense, the best starting pitching, the best closer. We also are only going to get better - think about it, Phelps just has to hold it down, which he has more than done, until Beckett comes back then he will slide into the pen. There are also guys on the horizon that I think will be factors in our pen, like Neu, that will only help the pen get better.

And the offense will improve. Conine is coming around, Castillo is hitting again, even AGon is contributing. Treanor will be solid and platooning with Red will only help the pitching as well as the offense. Choi is improving with every game. Easely will get some significant time and will contribute.

And that is before we make a trade - if we do.

This team IS the favorite and IS the best team in the NL East. We have the experience and the chemistry and the confidence. This team wont quit and believes that IT IS THE CHAMPION that it was last year.

I dont see a reason to count us out.

:thumbup Well said

In order for the Braves to win the division this year, Montreal would have to be the only team in the NL East at the end of the season.

:lol If you think that is funny, wait until Skip Caray and Pete Van Weiren get into their Braves suck modes again. They will cheer on TBS, Turner South, and Braves Radio for the other team when the Braves just play like boneheads.

"Furcal throws it to first, and it floats down the line. Here come nails number 9 and 10 for the Mets on the Braves coffin. Mets lead 10-0."

In order for the Braves to win the division this year, Montreal would have to be the only team in the NL East at the end of the season.

:lol If you think that is funny, wait until Skip Caray and Pete Van Weiren get into their Braves suck modes again. They will cheer on TBS, Turner South, and Braves Radio for the other team when the Braves just play like boneheads.

"Furcal throws it to first, and it floats down the line. Here come nails number 9 and 10 for the Mets on the Braves coffin. Mets lead 10-0." yea those announcers always seem so out of it. never very excited are they lol

I wouldnt be surprised to see it come down to a 3 team race down the stretch with us, Philly, and New York. I dont really want to count out Atlanta but I dont think they have enough to last the entire season, they should make it intresting for a while though.

I wouldnt be surprised to see it come down to a 3 team race down the stretch with us, Philly, and New York. I dont really want to count out Atlanta but I dont think they have enough to last the entire season, they should make it intresting for a while though.

It will come down to us and PHilly when all is said and done. And it will be interesting because of the pressure the Phils have to face in playing us. They have to literally, beat us to get to the playoffs. Last year, we had to beat them and we did. It should be interesting.

I dont think the Braves will be there because they dont have the pitching they had in the past and the offense is NOT what it was last year. Remember, Sheff and Lopez had very good seasons last year and they are NOT going to find production like that under a rock or something. We lost Fudge, Lee, Enc, sure. But we have effectively replaced Lee and Enc to this point. Fudge, on the other hand, is another story, but we got Burnett back and that is going to require the other teams to score MORE runs than it does us.

We have gotten better and I think only recently has the media begun to recognize that fact.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.