Rhett James

I think James could be a good bullpen arm within a couple of years. He has a rubber arm and is one of the most intense competitors I have ever seen play baseball at FSU. If the Drew boys had his heart, they'd be hall of fame locks. James did great in the Cape Cod League (think I got the right name) last summer. Everyone figured he'd be our #1 starter this year, but we kept him in the pen for most of the year so he could pitch every game against the big teams. After two of our three starting pitchers went down with injuries, he took over the ace role for FSU and will pitch Friday against Arkansas.

This past weekend he had a no hitter for 6 or 7 innings. Against UCF he pinch hit and got a double driving in two. His next at bat the pitcher almost hit him in the head. He immediately gave him the look of death. The UCF catcher pushed him and said some crap to him and Rhett came close to beating the hell out of the catcher. Mike Martin (head coach) had to sprint out of the dugout and pull him back once the UCF players tried to instigate a fight. Rhett is intense as hell. I think he'll be a steal where we drafted him.

Where are you at Jonny? No love for our Nole ace? :o

Too bad we couldn't get Drew. Maybe we can steal his brother from the Braves in the off-season, stick him in RF, and move Cabrera to LF. :thumbup

I can dream, anyway. :D

very surprised SD went as low as he did

i would've died if we got him

Too bad we couldn't get Drew. Maybe we can steal his brother from the Braves in the off-season, stick him in RF, and move Cabrera to LF. :thumbup

JD Drew=meh :thumbdown

Hermida would be a better choice or even Stokes.

JD Drew=meh :thumbdown

Hermida would be a better choice or even Stokes. Drew will finish the year with better numbers than anyone on our team other than possibly Lowell and Cabrera. I'd love to have him, but he'll be too expensive next year.