Reagan Junior's comments

Das Texan

I stole this from another board...but found it truly interesting....

Feel free to share your thoughts on it.

"Dad was also a deeply, unabashedly religious man. But he never made the fatal mistake of so many politicians wearing his faith on his sleeve to gain political advantage. True, after he was shot and nearly killed early in his presidency, he came to believe that God had spared him in order that he might do good. But he accepted that as a responsibility, not a mandate. And there is a profound difference. "

--Ron Reagan Jr. 6/11/04 at Simi Valley, CA

Definitely aimed right at Bush considering this earlier quote . . .

"The Bush people have no right to speak for my father, particularly because of the position he's in now, Yes, some of the current policies are an extension of the '80s. But the overall thrust of this administration is not my father's -- these people are overly reaching, overly aggressive, overly secretive, and just plain corrupt. I don't trust these people."

Or this one . . .

"The big elephant sitting in the corner is that George W. Bush is simply unqualified for the job... What's his accomplishment? That he's no longer an obnoxious drunk?"

Me LOL at you fools who now praise Reagan and at the same time fall in line with all the Bush religious/nationalistic/simple-minded bullcrap! The very man who knew Reagan best (of all Reagan's children, Ron was the closest to his father) thinks Bush is full of it and not representative of his father.

Props to Gipper Jr.

Ron Jr. Has always been a complete wack-job. He has no qualifications nor political credibility aside from his last name.

His own father tried to distance himself from his son b/c he was such a space cadet.

This is like me posting quotes from Bill Clinton's housekeeper and telling you all how relevant and searing her opinions are.

Meh.

and bush jr did have some sort of political credibility prior to office aside from his last name?

:whistle um Das, he was governor of Texas and followed a similar path as reagan's. Anne Richards wasn't great for Texas, that's why the then novice Bush became governor.

and bush jr did have some sort of political credibility prior to office aside from his last name?

:whistle um Das, he was governor of Texas and followed a similar path as reagan's. Anne Richards wasn't great for Texas, that's why the then novice Bush became governor. Wow, how could you get any lower than Dubya.

:whistle um Das, he was governor of Texas and followed a similar path as reagan's. Anne Richards wasn't great for Texas, that's why the then novice Bush became governor. um Cape.....

Bush jr only got elected because of the name Bush.

He had no previous political leadership in any capacity.

To say he followed the same route as Reagan is funny.

They were similar in only being governor then President.

Did Bush do anything to actually prove himself in the party before running for governor...did Bush do anything that requires a political mindset before Reagan....you could argue the Actors Screen Guild or wahtever its name is...is pretty damn political.

So to say that Reagan and Bush followed simillar paths is just being misinformed.

I still laugh at how people say Dubya wasnt a Washington insider....ok so maybe he never served in Washington...but hello...Daddy was President only 8 years before...to think that he wasnt 'aware' of the inner workings of Washington is stupid.

Oh ya....i kno damn good and well what happened in Texas in the Ann Richards years. I only live here.

GW was one of the head owners of MLB with Selig and helped defend the anti-trust exemption as well as he dealt with Arlington to get the new Ballpark built. He also was CEO of Spectrum 7 which also involves politics.

He was not such a huge novice before becoming governor of Texas.

still.....

if george bush had a surname of benson...he isnt governor.

ever.

bush still has daddy to thank for being president.

period.

if being an owner means political experience....then jeff loria is qualified to become a governor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.