iPod

Passion

I am thinking of getting an iPod soon but I was wondering if some people that have/had one would answer some questions I have...

1. Is anything over the 15 GB model really neccessary?

2. How is the software?

3. Is the USB transfer as slow as it is made out to be/and is it essential to get the firewire?

4. How is the software (ease of use, convienece etc.)

5. Is this somethign with a proper case that I could take running without worrying about it getting messed up?

6. Any one have an iPod mini...and how is it?

7. How is the backlight?

8. Is the battery power/life length sufficient?

I hope I can get some answers. I would appreciate any responses. I thought this way would be easier considering I could get an answer fro ma real life user instead of a proffesional reviewer.

Thanks again.

1. Is anything over the 15 GB model really neccessary? No

2. How is the software? Very easy to use.

3. Is the USB transfer as slow as it is made out to be/and is it essential to get the firewire? You'll need USB 2.0 or firewall. USB 2.0 is slight faster than Firewire.

4. How is the software (ease of use, convienece etc.) See #2

5. Is this somethign with a proper case that I could take running without worrying about it getting messed up? I bought a case to prevent scratches.

6. Any one have an iPod mini...and how is it? I don't, I have the 15 GB one.

7. How is the backlight? I turn that off to save more playing time.

8. Is the battery power/life length sufficient? It's 8 hours but it's lesser than that if you keep on switching songs.

I hope I can get some answers. I would appreciate any responses. I thought this way would be easier considering I could get an answer fro ma real life user instead of a proffesional reviewer.

Thanks again.

Thanks for catching that....I had iPod on the brain for much of today ebcause I have been doing alot of research. It was actually on my screen at the time. Im living in a dream world.

Sorry bout that.

It's alright. I love my iPod. It saves me from carrying my cd player and CDs. You can receive a student discount at the Apple Store.

Thanks for catching that....I had iPod on the brain for much of today ebcause I have been doing alot of research. It was actually on my screen at the time. Im living in a dream world.

Sorry bout that.

It's alright. I love my iPod. It saves me from carrying my cd player and CDs. You can receive a student discount at the Apple Store. Really? That would be good for me. Ill have to catch that out.

Oh Got ya. The Mini's are a waste IMO since they hold 11 GB less are too small for my hands and are only about 60 bucks less.

I also have a few more questions.

Do you have the cradle? And what can yo utell me about it....

Also, I have a brand new Dell, would it have USB 2.0 or Firewire?

Oh Got ya. The Mini's are a waste IMO since they hold 11 GB less are too small for my hands and are only about 60 bucks less.

I also have a few more questions.

Do you have the cradle? And what can yo utell me about it....

Also, I have a brand new Dell, would it have USB 2.0 or Firewire?

Cradle as in the dock? The 15 GB doesn't come with it. I think you won't need that. Most new PCs should have USB 2.0 and Firewire. BUT iPod 15 GB will only come with the iPod Firewire. USB 2.0 wire is sold seperately.

Got ya, so I wouldn't need that Dock. I wont be doing much syncing.....

More questions (sorry about this)

How easy is it to store non-music files and does it take most any type of file?

Also, is there a voice recorder, that is one of the reasons (not the main one of course) I want one, for recording some lectures.

Thanks.

Got ya, so I wouldn't need that Dock. I wont be doing much syncing.....

More questions (sorry about this)

How easy is it to store non-music files and does it take most any type of file?

Also, is there a voice recorder, that is one of the reasons (not the main one of course) I want one, for recording some lectures.

Thanks.

I haven't used my iPod as a HDD yet. But I think you can put any type of file. Just go to My Computer then open the iPod (not sure what letter is on your PC).

To record something, you'll need to buy the mircophone or voice recorder.

One thing to tell you. The earphones are nice. Very good sound. Better than most earphones.

i bought a creative jukebox nomad zen xtra...yeah its a mouthful...but its also 100 bucks cheaper than an ipod, and this one holds 30 gis, while the ipod which costs 100 bucks more costs 400$....plus the sound quality is better IMO..this has many options for sounds, EQlizers and etc.

the software is nice, plus thje battery is removable, and the ipods is not, meaning if it were to die, u have to send it to apple to fix it, and that costs money...the onyly downside about the nomad is its bulky,...but its not bad.

The size of the iPod is what makes it so appealing to me.

Also the other features of it including claendar, games, etc.

Also the iPod is probably the most pupular MP3 play on the market and has an ever growing community which will probably lead to new software and more third party development.

ok can someone tell me why the mini iPod is bad? ... i know its less memory but how much memory do you want ... 4GB for songs is quite a bit.

I just got me the iPod mini ... I can use it yet but I have it

It's not bad at all. It's just the price per MB. But the iPod mini is more than enough for the average user.

ok can someone tell me why the mini iPod is bad? ... i know its less memory but how much memory do you want ... 4GB for songs is quite a bit.

I just got me the iPod mini ... I can use it yet but I have it

Too small for me, I have pretty big hands. Plus the wheel is a click wheel not a spin which I dont care for.

I dig it ... and thanks for your opinions

now can someone tell me how it works? ... like how do you download songs into it.

you can download cd's into your computer and than dump them in there?

im a big ignorant lol

Download iTunes from Apple.com

Just drag your mp3s into your iPod.

Yeah, you can rip CDs then put them into your iPod. iTunes has a bulit-in ripping program.