Do the Marlins really want a bat?

As a 10/5 man, Steve Finley has the right to block any trade, but an associate of Arizona's ageless center fielder says he would be willing to waive it in the right situation. What about a midyear trade to the Marlins? "Sure," the associate said. "He wants to be in a pennant race. But the Marlins don't want to spend the money." Finley is making $7 million in his walk year, but the Diamondbacks might be willing to eat some of his remaining obligation for the right prospects. They are not yet at that point, however. ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...,3949810.column

Look I being saying it weeks the Marlins will not go get a bat. The money is too much, its not there fault. There payroll was set at the begin of year. What about that special money? It went into the stadium deal. They thought Conine and especially Castro would give them more.

The only thing keeping us in first place is the rest of the division doesn't either have enough in the Braves or doesn't know how to win in the Phillies/ Mets.

We just don't have enough...I tough calls are coming :confused I'm afraid to say

the Marlins have always refused to compete for players until the marketplace is in their favor. right now, with a month until the trading deadline, and with many teams who should eventually be "sellers" (Cincinnati, Milwaukee, Cleveland) still lingering within shooting distance of their division, the marketplace is swayed in favor of the sellers, since there are just not a whole lot of teams in a position to sell just yet. as the end of July approaches, prices will come down, because more teams like Arizona will be faced with the decision to either end up in last place with Steve Finley, or end up in last place with a prospect for the future.

also, and i hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but Steve Finley ain't all that great. he's having a terrific season so far, but buying him now would undoubtedly mean over-paying for him. yes, he has 18 homers so far, but he's not going to finish the season with 40 home runs no matter where he plays.

also, and i hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but Steve Finley ain't all that great. he's having a terrific season so far, but buying him now would undoubtedly mean over-paying for him. yes, he has 18 homers so far, but he's not going to finish the season with 40 home runs no matter where he plays.

We don't need 40 home runs. We need a guy who can drive in runs.

We don't need 40 home runs. We need a guy who can drive in runs.

ok, i hate to burst your bubble again, but he's not all that great at driving in runs, either. he has 39, giving him only 6 more than Hee Seop Choi, who hasn't even been an every-day player.