Jose Mesa

New York Post: "Jose Mesa, Pirates: Mesa is wasting away on the Pirates. He would've been a great fit for the A's, but no more. There are rumors he may land with the Marlins, which would be horrible for Mesa owners, who would watch him set up for Armando Benitez."

source:www.prosportsdaily.com

I remember hearing a story about Benitez and Mesa. I think that he helped the orioles scout him or something. I am not sure but I know that they are good friends. It would be interesting to see him set up Benitez. Imagine both Benitez and Mesa pitching great for the marlins after our rivals gave up on them. :D

Not only that, I think Mesa signed a minor league deal so he should be cheap.

As long as we don't have to play either NY team in the playoffs, I'm fine with it...otherwise we have "meltdown" written all over it.

Koch, Mesa and Benitez'll get us there, but once the pressure cooker comes... :confused

Braden Looper and UUU weren't exactly perfect either last season, they were both known for melting down.

We won the World Series

i know i said he sucks and i still think that.

i didnt mean scary as in scary good..

Mando has been great but the combo of Koch and Mesa would be awful, IMO

Why is that. That is not a horrible combo at all. Mesa has done very well this year and always did well cept in Philly and in Game 7 of the world series in 97.

Hell, I will go with Armando, Mesa, and Koch over last years incarnation.

As long as we don't have to play either NY team in the playoffs, I'm fine with it...otherwise we have "meltdown" written all over it.

Koch, Mesa and Benitez'll get us there, but once the pressure cooker comes... :confused

Braden Looper and UUU weren't exactly perfect either last season, they were both known for melting down.

We won the World Series Thanks in very little part to either of them in the postseason.

Urbina came thisclose to blowing game 1, he blew game 4, luckily for us Beckett went the distance in game 6 otherwise things might have been very different.

Look, right now with our team, I'd be content to just get to the post-season so this is fine by me, but whatever they do in the regular season cannot be expected of them in the postseason, people just play much differently then. If you expect a carry-over, expect more of a post-season to the season after carry over than a regular season to post-season carry over (at least when talking about break out performances).

...Especially when you're talking about a guy (or two or three) who either have the rap of "they've lost it" (talent wise, control wise, power wise, whatever) or the gripe "they can't handle the pressure."

Look at the Red Sox, that's a collective team of "they can't handle the pressure." And they still can't shake it...