Manzanillo Happens (huh?) (how?)

Flag Man

Posted elsewhere herein, I am curious to know who is responsible for bringing Manzy up. Certainly not a decision right-minded people like me would have made given other farm options. A genius among us, or someone damn lucky. I tip my "right-minded" hat.

Now... am I overly-sensitive (?), I sense there is too much laughing at Manzy's unique ways. Laughing at him, not having fun with him. When D-Train came up, we relished his enthusiasm.

And I see Manzy alone on the bench too often. Maybe he wouldn't be talking so much to himself if his teammates would enjoy him a little.

We relished D-Train.

Maybe we need some nuts like Millar back on the team.

Guest Jack1

That's the one thing I notice with this team....they don't look like they're having fun like they did last year. I never hear Jack say..."Just go out and have fun, boys" like he did when he was hired last year. I don't think even Jack is having fun. I am sure they are all under a lot of pressure to perform like last year. The spark last year was that....Relax and have fun!! They need to find that again!

Guess I had a different channel.

Certainly didn't have Benitez in the dugout in late innings talking with anyone.

Think he was working in the Pen then when Manzy was pitching.

The point (and I think there is one) is that, for all their bumping, playful handshakes, I sense complaceny... no fire.

I sense the team accepts Manzy as a temporary oddity. Maybe he is "temporary."

But, his presence now, IMO, shows the fatness of this low-budget team.

They better wake up soon. Have fun, but take the game, not themselves, seriously.

And relish and enjoy Manzy as they did D-Train.

Guest Juanky

Posted elsewhere herein, I am curious to know who is responsible for bringing Manzy up. Certainly not a decision right-minded people like me would have made given other farm options. A genius among us, or someone damn lucky. I tip my "right-minded" hat.

Now... am I overly-sensitive (?), I sense there is too much laughing at Manzy's unique ways. Laughing at him, not having fun with him. When D-Train came up, we relished his enthusiasm.

And I see Manzy alone on the bench too often. Maybe he wouldn't be talking so much to himself if his teammates would enjoy him a little.

We relished D-Train.

Maybe we need some nuts like Millar back on the team.

I think he's cool. His ticks are among the most superstitious things I've seen out there, and being a very superstitious player I can relate to that. He could have a 10 ERA for all I cared and he'd still be Da Man.

But the alone time is usually on the bench while he's pitching. Maybe the bench doesn't want to mess with a good thing while he is on there. When he's in the pen, however, he seems really talkative. As the only hispanics in the pen, I've seen Manzanillo and Benitez talking for innings at a time. They seem to get along extremely well, which is great if Manzy is going to be our true setup man.

I love Manzanillo.. Him and his ::cup check:: ... The team just has to start talking to him more.. get to know him.. maybe there's more to him then just hitting himself on the head and screaming at himself.. I think he's cool.. It's gonna take a few days for them to "vibe" with Manzanillo and Aguila.. but they're the Marlins... the most playful team.. I think they can handle two more ^_^

I would really like to see this team start to have fun like last year. We saw some of that a little last night with that play where Conine fell and they were all having fun laughing at him. When Manzanillo first came up and was doing all these things, my first thought was that he will fit in perfect with this team, so hopefully he is and we just dont see it because that camera is on him at wrong times.