Does anyone still think that this team...

As it stands right now, no. Again tonight the bullpen shows its incompetance as well as the lineup. If we don't make some moves VERY soon we will be left in the wake of 3 other teams. Does anyone honestly think that the line-up is still "just in a slump?" How long does a slump last before the problem becomes lack of ability. Someone needs to come in and not necessarily light things up, but put up consistant risp #s in the 3 hole and give the team a giant boot in the rear. The team as a whole is playing stupid, unproductive ball. A mass benching tomarrow couldn't hurt. Last thing: Gonzalez IMO should definatley ride the pine tomarrow. The first time he got tossed out I give him the benefit of the doubt since he was waved. I didn't see the 1st base coach during the play where he was gunned down going to second, but there was absolutely NO REASON he should have ran. It was a routine single to the right fielder for pete's sake. Of course, if the 1st base coach indeed did wave him, this point is moot and it is both base coaches that deserve the beating.

Gonzo was sent from 3rd (blame 3rd base coach)

Gonzo was not sent. Gonzo rounded third and was looking over his shoulder towards left field. He never looked at the third base coach. After the play, you could clearly see the 3rd base coach making a gesture as if to say, "That was his own call... I didn't send him."

ps.

I know because I recorded the game and just rewinded it to confirm how this play went down.

Gonzo was not sent. Gonzo rounded third and was looking over his shoulder towards left field. He never looked at the third base coach. After the play, you could clearly see the 3rd base coach making a gesture as if to say, "That was his own call... I didn't send him."

ps.

I know because I recorded the game and just rewinded it to confirm how this play went down.

436009[/snapback]

cox waved him in

ps.

436009[/snapback]

ps watch it again, they show a replay of Cox waving him in.

Guest Juanky

This team can win the division

This team cannot compete in late close games because of the lack of a pen. We are in the NL, you know Jack will bet on a run before leaving a pitcher in. Which arms take the place of the starters besides Benitez and Da Man?

Can we win the division? Yes, with this team. Can we win the pennant and the Series? We need at least one GOOD arm.

It's possible that the Fish could take the division, but not without a buffer of a couple of games over the Phils sometime soon.

When I look at the Phils' lineup I can see them making a run and ripping off 6 in a row, or 10 out of 12. When I look at the Fish? Well, not so much.

The Fish are not a squad that's gonna rip off a long winning streak, at least not as it stands right now.

This team can win the division

This team cannot compete in late close games because of the lack of a pen. We are in the NL, you know Jack will bet on a run before leaving a pitcher in. Which arms take the place of the starters besides Benitez and Da Man?

Can we win the division? Yes, with this team. Can we win the pennant and the Series? We need at least one GOOD arm.

436027[/snapback]

couldnt have said it better myself

NOOOOOOOOOOO

this team suxs, there all a bunch of underachiving ass holes and im fed up with em......

only people that are actually playin well are the MIGGY, Hulk, CHOI, da MAN, and AB

every1 else is not doing there job not.....

these guys on our offense are suppose to be way better than what they have displayed

and our starting rotation there all a bunch of inconsistant pieces of s***......

its sad when ya 5th starter from last year is ya freakin ace for this year.....

and this pen is so bad its not even funny..... AB and Da man is all we got the rest these dudes couldnt hold a lead aganst a litl league team.....

this is teh 1st time i been mad at this team...... all year..... we are not good enough to win the divison we arent even good enough to f***in win it all!!!!!!

we are 3 games ova in the 2nd weakest divison in the game

we are 20-11 in the East cuz we own the Xpos and Phillies

6-9 aganst da CENT

9-8 aganst da West

and 6-9 in interleauge

we are suppose to be way better than this we are the WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!!

Guest Juanky

Winning a division is never easy. NEVER!

It is July. No division is ever decided in July.

435966[/snapback]

The AL East was all but wrapped up tonight

after the inevitable acquisitions, yes.

with the current team we have... probably not. our run differential is pathetic for a contender and indicates that this team is probably not as good as the win-loss record suggests. AJ's return should reduce the runs allowed and win us games in the long run...but with a bullpen as bare as ours, i'm not convinced that'll be enough to compete with the phils.

we need an upgrade.