Does anyone have a picture of...

Accord

This is sort of an odd request, but whatever. I was at the game tonight and my dad says "what is a base doing behind the pitchers mound" and I told him there is no base behind the pitchers mound and he goes "I know what I saw want to make a bet?" and of course I obliged and bet him that if there is no "base" type object behind the mound i'd get a Sandy Koufax auto'd ball :D . Mind you, we're sitting behind the Marlins dugout in the founders club so it's pretty hard to see the back of the pitchers mound, even if you're standing so I told him tonight I would find a picture of the back of the pitchers mound online OR I would record the Marlins highlights on Sportscenter tonight and see if it's there. Low and behold, there is some sort of large squarish white base looking object behind the mound (DAMNIT!) but he doesn't know that yet... so my question is this, does anyone here have an old picture of the back of the pitchers mound at the Pro, perhaps a picture from a TV camera type angle, if that makes any sense, where there is no base type looking weird thing behind the mound? I've never seen it before, well at least noticed it before, so help me out my fellow Marlins fans... I want that Sandy Koufax ball :D .

Guest Moneyball

pitchers use that stick the trainer has to clean their cleats

obviously you haven't watched enough BB to see that pitchers do clean their cleats on the white square in back of the pitcher's mound, it's back there with a couple of other stuff.

pitchers use that stick the trainer has to clean their cleats

obviously you haven't watched enough BB to see that pitchers do clean their cleats on the white square in back of the pitcher's mound, it's back there with a couple of other stuff.

437735[/snapback]

no is that i forgot about that thats why i deleted the post when it came to me. BTW Thats called the pitching rubber so i was right

The rosin bag that most pitchers have back there could ook like a base, too, but I would think that youguys would have seen it being picked up every now and then. Since I am a freak, and record every game, I just threw it back on. There are two things back there: the cleat cleaning pad, as others have suggested, and the rosin back, which is a bag filled with a powdery substance (rosin) that pitchers slap on there hand to keep it dry.

Of all things, your dad thought it was a base? It's only about a quarter of the size of an actual base. The last thing this Marlins club needs right now is a base behind the pitcher's mound. With how clueless they look at the plate right now, I would be concerned that they might run to the base behind the pitchers mound after the excitement of actually making contact overcomes them. *cheap shot*

Guest Juanky

Damn, lol. Mabye I could edit it out with Photoshop...

438153[/snapback]

You don't have to edit anything

There is no base behind the pitcher's mound. Sitting in center field every game tells me this.

There are two things there, where the pitcher cleans his feet so that his rotation is easier, and the rosin bag.

Just ask yourself, why would there be a base on the pitcher's mound?