Tonight I saw why this team can win

CapeFish

1) This team tried to comeback...at least they are trying.

2) The bullpen is starting to develop some consistency. They haven't blown a game in a while.

3) We are getting men on base and making contact.

4) We still need to get those runners home, too many men left on base.

5) We are still very confident at the plate, on the field, and on the mound.

So we are 3 out, but it's not like we don't play the Phillies a million more times. We have gotta come back and beat the Pirates tomorrow.

#4 isn't really a positive point like the other 4 are. ;)

As for #2, to be fair they haven't had many games to blow in awhile. They are doing a great job but the 2nd half of your comment has not been proven yet.

That being said, I'm still upbeat and yeah a win tomorrow would be nice.

The bullpen hasn't really had any leads to blow. I don't care how many men are on base if none of them score.

Tonight I saw another reason why this team won't win. We're not getting it done, period. We're getting pwned by teams that aren't that good. I have all but abandoned my optimistic ways and am just accepting what I see.

What I saw was a lineup problem. I think if you lengthen the lineup, at least what I would call it, you could get more offensive production. By that, I mean squeeze another hitter at the 3 spot - either Choi or Conine, take your pick. (I still feel Conine is the best fit...).

Look, both Choi and Conine are around 30RBI on the season. Lowell and Cabrera, hitting right in front, are at 50+. You can bring up the argument about RISP, but I really think that Lowell and Cabs are being really efficient at getting runners home forcing Conine and Choi to act almost like leadoff men and not run producers in games. I think Choi is better at it, as his OBP is ridiculous, but Conine is not a leadoff guy - he is more apt at driving in runs and advancing the runner.

But there was some bad luck too. Lowell hit a ball that was snagged by Mackowiak. Conine got some terrible calls from the ump who was very inconsistent tonight.

I never questioned whether this team tries or not. In fact, I think they try TOO HARD.

What I saw was a lineup problem. I think if you lengthen the lineup, at least what I would call it, you could get more offensive production. By that, I mean squeeze another hitter at the 3 spot - either Choi or Conine, take your pick. (I still feel Conine is the best fit...).

Look, both Choi and Conine are around 30RBI on the season. Lowell and Cabrera, hitting right in front, are at 50+. You can bring up the argument about RISP, but I really think that Lowell and Cabs are being really efficient at getting runners home forcing Conine and Choi to act almost like leadoff men and not run producers in games. I think Choi is better at it, as his OBP is ridiculous, but Conine is not a leadoff guy - he is more apt at driving in runs and advancing the runner.

But there was some bad luck too. Lowell hit a ball that was snagged by Mackowiak. Conine got some terrible calls from the ump who was very inconsistent tonight.

I never questioned whether this team tries or not. In fact, I think they try TOO HARD.

442282[/snapback]

*Agrees with Jonny*

JP

Castillo

Conine

Choi

Lowell

Cabs

Sea Bass

Catcher

Pitcher

...not too far-fetched.

Guest FishFanInPA

I'm fighting this battle with being positive but I see problems tomorrow if D-Train cant get on track. We need a spark. Something like him who came up last year. He needs to come full circle and be the ace tomorrow.

I'm going to get yelled at, but this loss was so demoralizing, I don't see any positives that came out of it...aside from the fact that Koch didn't give up an earned run, lol.

I'll be honest, I was so sick of this game that I left early...very early, and I don't regret the decision. I hope that this lineup can get it going, but it's been such a horrific two and a half weeks that I don't expect anything of them anymore. Once the opposition scores two runs before the fourth, I just feel that the game is over :confused ...

Tomorrow is going to be big for us...we need to stop the bleeding. Dontrelle needs to step up, because Wednesday we know we're getting quality from Pavano...