I cant get over this......

odom006

its ferakin amazing!!!!!!

the god dman tigers are bashing the yanks...... and tehere 38-44....... didnt they have 40 wins all year last year???

but come on guys what do you expect they have Dave as there GM and that dude in my opnion is the ebst gm in the game all thou a bit underated......

look at the moves.....

they picked up Alex Sanchez from the brew crew when they released em.....

now he;s batting 324, 2 bombs 24 rbi's and 18 stolen bases and is one the bets lead off hitters in the game...... not to mention he's only makin 385.000 a year.....

Omar Infante who i thought would neva pan out 4 them cuz he suxed so much the past two years... is batting 296, 6 bombs and 26 rbi;s

" they look like a freakin clone to Jp and Louie"

than they bought Pudge in the off season "enough said"

to go along with ALL STAR Caliber Dmitri Young whos batting 325 5 bombs and 20 RBi's

20 freeakin RBI's in 31 games..... " can you imagine if he wasnt hurt what his numbers would be right now........

i dont even remember who they gave up 4 Carlos Guillen in the off seaosn but whom eva they did who cares..... cuz he is having his best season eva..... he's an ALL STAR this year...

Batting 326, 11 HR, and has 62 RBI's way more than Miggy or Hulk" and ranks # 2 in runs in the AL......

and didnt they get Rondel WHite for 2 years 6 mil?

all he;s done is bat 283 12 bombs and 51 Rbi's... that cheap and he;s proforming that good.......

Higgenson suxs and he willl neva play up to his paycheck but adleast he's decient this year.....

and Eric Munson is like Adam Dunn of 2 years has mad power just low batting average but thats why he;s hitting like 8th or 9 th

and Carlos Pena you kno bout him..... Low batting average but 47 Rbi's with taht 236 batting average so basicly when you need the man comes threw.....

Brandon Inge 27 years old batting 300 with 7 bombs 30 RBi's...... backs up pudge when not catching and plays DH as well.....

picthing still sucks but im sure in the off season Dave will adress the situation and make em conteders for next year.....

now every1 in there line up has ova proformed cant say the same for our fish..... but its very exciting to watch what this team does in the 2nd half.....

cuz if the picthers just picth average enough and dont aloow more than 4 runs they can win alot games cuz that offense is Xplosive

Man, that got close. Why did they bring in Franklyn German and his single A talent?

The Tigers have improved drastically, but that is because of Pudge and overachieving Guillen. Also Infante has improved tremendously, and Alex Sanchez is actually getting on base this year.

We still need MORE production out of Pena and Munson, but they are coming along slowly. These guys, along with Infante and Monroe are supposed to be the future of this team.

The starting pitching has overachieved in some ways, and that comes by way of Nate Robertson. He has been roughed up in 3 starts, but other than those has been really solid. Bonderman is still growing, he's only 21, and Maroth was never that bad, just got no run support last year and had no bullpen behind him.

The bullpen is horrible. This is the reason why the Tigers aren't above .500. They may ship Urbina, and hopefully they'll get some bullpen prospects in return. German can't play, Levine has been a bust, and Yan was never that good.

I like the confidence of these guys though. They went into Yankee Stadium, got beat up the first game, but then bounced right back. They're still going through growing pains, but I like what I see.

Another thing is the attendance at the games. People are really flocking to Comerica this year. There aren't sellouts all the time, but they are averaging around 27-32k a game, and that is pretty respectable. Detroit is a great baseball town.

they picked up Alex Sanchez from the brew crew when they released em.....

now he;s batting 324, 2 bombs 24 rbi's and 18 stolen bases and is one the bets lead off hitters in the game...... not to mention he's only makin 385.000 a year.....

One of the best? He has 6 walks in 299 plate appearances, and only 3.02 ppa. Not that good of a leadoff man

Omar Infante who i thought would neva pan out 4 them cuz he suxed so much the past two years... is batting 296, 6 bombs and 26 rbi;s

He was called up to the majors way too fast, that's why he sucked the last two years. How many 20 and 21 year olds do you see in baseball? And besides, if Vina hadn't gotten hurt, Infante wouldn't have had the chance to prove himself this year

to go along with ALL STAR Caliber Dmitri Young whos batting 325 5 bombs and 20 RBi's

he was picked up by Randy Smith. Trading Juan Encarnacion for Young was probably his only good move.

20 freeakin RBI's in 31 games..... " can you imagine if he wasnt hurt what his numbers would be right now........

RBIs are meaningless

i dont even remember who they gave up 4 Carlos Guillen in the off seaosn but whom eva they did who cares..... cuz he is having his best season eva..... he's an ALL STAR this year...

Batting 326, 11 HR, and has 62 RBI's way more than Miggy or Hulk" and ranks # 2 in runs in the AL......

Ramon Santiago :lol

Higgenson suxs and he willl neva play up to his paycheck but adleast he's decient this year.....

that's Randy Smith's fault

and Eric Munson is like Adam Dunn of 2 years has mad power just low batting average but thats why he;s hitting like 8th or 9 th

except he doesn't draw walks at a Bondsian rate like Dunn

and Carlos Pena you kno bout him..... Low batting average but 47 Rbi's with taht 236 batting average so basicly when you need the man comes threw.....

RBIs are meaningless, but his problem is he strikeouts way too much, if he were to learn to get around on a fastball he would be an all star every year

The Tigers have drastically improved, but I guess that's not a hard thing to do considering last year(s).

The thing that gets me though is that from what I hear the Detroilet sportsradios are blaring how the Tigers are going to be buyers next month, blah blah blah. Apparently even Dombrowski opened his yap on the radio a few weeks ago up there and said something to the effect that if there were within 4 or 5 games after the break they would try to get some help. Hello? Dave??? Even if you are 4 or 5 back you are still probably under .500 in that toilet of a division. Besides, there isn't a single team in that division within two years of being good enough to unseat the traditional AL powerhouses in the playoffs. Yeah, Pale Hose fans, that includes you too.

Also, Dave better be very, very careful with how he manages that organization personel-wise. This is a team that sold their financial soul for a C that will physically break down well before his contract is up, and still is saddled with alot of bad paper thanks to Randy Smith. Add to that a terribly depleted (albeit improving) farm system and the Tigers are just as close to falling back into the toilet as they are of becoming a team on the rise. Add to this a young, promising but still terribly mediocre starting pitching and a bullpen that is absolutely putrid and you have a team that's still a long way off from anywhere of note.

And all of this thanks to the worst front office man there ever was, bar none. Mr. Randy Smith, who singlehandedly dismantled the organization from the bottom up and who now is selling tacos on a freeway off-ramp in San Diego.

But it is a very good thing to see baseball back in Detroilet. Outside of St. Louis you will not find a bigger, or more knowledgable baseball town than Detroit. It just hasn't been noted b/c they've been so bad for so long thanks to Illitch and Randy Smith. I went to a weekday 1:05pm game against the Rangers back in May and there was 20K people there. Detroilet is a baseball town just waiting for a reason to explode.

Oh, and bring back the opera-singing hot dog vendor for chrissake's!!!!

*end of rant*

The thing that gets me though is that from what I hear the Detroilet sportsradios are blaring how the Tigers are going to be buyers next month, blah blah blah. Apparently even Dombrowski opened his yap on the radio a few weeks ago up there and said something to the effect that if there were within 4 or 5 games after the break they would try to get some help. Hello? Dave??? Even if you are 4 or 5 back you are still probably under .500 in that toilet of a division. Besides, there isn't a single team in that division within two years of being good enough to unseat the traditional AL powerhouses in the playoffs. Yeah, Pale Hose fans, that includes you too.

The playoffs are 90% luck, especially the first round. You could put the Expos into the playoffs and they'd have a decent shot at winning at all.

Not in the AL. I'll take a 200mil+ payroll over luck every time.

There's a reason why the Yankees are in it every year....And it ain't got nothin' to do with luck.

446737[/snapback]

THe Yankees were the best team in baseball the last three years, and won 0 World Series

Yeah, you are right.

If you are looking to back a team with the potential and track record of alot of success you shouldn't look to the Yankees.

Besides, it's alot more fun to root for a team that may contend for a year or two, then spend four or five years languishing as they attempt to rebuild.

The Tigers aren't going to win anything for a solid two seasons. Don't bank on too many moves before the trade deadline. And wow, I didn't even see that part about Sanchez that Mays24 pointed out. First of all the Tigers traded for Sanchez, and he is not that great. He doesn't walk, he can't field, and he keeps getting hurt because he tries to many crazy things to get to first base.