Choi

Marlins2k3Champs

Guest marlins02

Can't someone like call McKeon and tell him to put Choi to play? LOL

447406[/snapback]

like i cant but can like someone please try? LOL

:plain

Of course he should. Choi is my favorite player and it sucks to not see him used enough. McKeon doesn't give Choi too many chances to play against lefties and that will keep him from getting better. I just want McKeon to give him more chances against lefties, because I know that Choi will get better against them. McKeon is so eager to put Easley over at first base and let Choi sit out. One thing is for sure, he's not gonna start hitting against lefties by watching them from the dugout.

This is about the third error I see Damion make at first. I believe the last time he started at home a couple of balls went over his head, but their trajectory would have allowed someone who was 6 inches taller to get them easily.

I must admit that Damion has been hitting a lot better as of late. He should be our #1 pinch hitter, with Dontrelle as #2 ;)

Definitely Choi 24/7

Damion Easley went 3-5 yesterday with THREE big two-out hits. Yes, he made an error, but Pavano didn't shut the door either. IMHO, I think Easley should be starting, despite his defense, because the kid can flat out hit! Put him in left, and start Willingham at catcher.

And I love Choi too, but the truth is that he doesn't hit lefties very well.

Damion Easley went 3-5 yesterday with THREE big two-out hits. Yes, he made an error, but Pavano didn't shut the door either. IMHO, I think Easley should be starting, despite his defense, because the kid can flat out hit! Put him in left, and start Willingham at catcher.

And I love Choi too, but the truth is that he doesn't hit lefties very well.

447616[/snapback]

That's what Jack wants you to beleive, but don't follow his eval conspiracy.

I'm about the only person who hasn't subscribed to the whole "Choi is our savior" philosophy, so I'm going to get ripped into, but I don't really think we would have won the game if Choi played first last night. Remember, Easley did have 3 hits and 2 very clutch RBI's, something Choi may not (and probably would not) have done. Choi's steadily declined production wise since May (and the Expos), and quite frankly I don't have a problem with him being benched against lefties. Will he improve against lefties on the bench...of course not, but he sure isn't going to help us right now if he were to be playing.

Bring up any minor league numbers you want, but our scouts and coaching staff has to have seen something about Choi against lefties to not start him.

I'm about the only person who hasn't subscribed to the whole "Choi is our savior" philosophy, so I'm going to get ripped into, but I don't really think we would have won the game if Choi played first last night. Remember, Easley did have 3 hits and 2 very clutch RBI's, something Choi may not (and probably would not) have done. Choi's steadily declined production wise since May (and the Expos), and quite frankly I don't have a problem with him being benched against lefties. Will he improve against lefties on the bench...of course not, but he sure isn't going to help us right now if he were to be playing.

Bring up any minor league numbers you want, but our scouts and coaching staff has to have seen something about Choi against lefties to not start him.

447895[/snapback]

Cabrera has struggled vs. lefties, but he still plays against them.

I'm about the only person who hasn't subscribed to the whole "Choi is our savior" philosophy, so I'm going to get ripped into, but I don't really think we would have won the game if Choi played first last night.? Remember, Easley did have 3 hits and 2 very clutch RBI's, something Choi may not (and probably would not) have done.? Choi's steadily declined production wise since May (and the Expos), and quite frankly I don't have a problem with him being benched against lefties.? Will he improve against lefties on the bench...of course not, but he sure isn't going to help us right now if he were to be playing.

447895[/snapback]

Cabrera has struggled vs. lefties, but he still plays against them.

447915[/snapback]

Cabrera also leads our team in the most easily quantifiable offensive categories.

Give Choi his OBP and OPS, but those numbers are incredibly overrated. I don't want this to turn into a baseball philosophy debate, but Choi's strike out per at bat numbers are very high, especially when, since April, he's hit only 5 homeruns.

I know what the next argument is "well, look at his walk total" well, look at his strikeout total...and batting average, .271 isn't stellar, especially when you're averaging a strikeout about every third at bat...

For all of Cabrera's "struggles" 58 RBI and 20 HR's (11 of which have come since April) contribute a lot more to our success than Choi's OPS (which is lower than both Lowell and Cabrera).

You do know Miguel has struck out about 20 more times than Choi right?

447965[/snapback]

Yup, but you know that Cabrera has out produced Choi in every single triple crown category, and the new end all be all stat: OPS. Also, Cabrera has 100 more AB's, and if you take Choi's strikeout per AB numbers and give him those extra 100 AB's, he'd lead Cabrera by 10 K's...

Guest Juanky

But does Choi cost us games with his adventures in the field?

I'm not saying Cabs should not play everyday, I'm saying Choi should join him.

Yes, Choi makes that play. And who knows, maybe he doesn't get those two RBIs in the game. However, I guarantee you the Tuesday lineup would have scored more than 3 runs. And oh, btw, Choi would at least go down swinging if he were to K to end the game.

I have no idea where to get RISP numbers, but I can assume that he has substantially more at bats with RISP simply because of where he bats in the lineup, while Conine and Choi bat consistently lower in the lineup, and with the offensive woes, they usually lead off an inning.

I'm not even how we got into a "Cabrera versus Choi" argument, but if anyone wants to believe that Choi is better, I've got some great oceanfront property in Wyoming to sell you...

Guest Juanky

You can get it on ESPN

My biggest complaint against Miguel is how much he strikes out with RISP. Put the damn ball in play!

But he's the man outside of that when he tries.