Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

I'm about the only person who hasn't subscribed to the whole "Choi is our savior" philosophy, so I'm going to get ripped into, but I don't really think we would have won the game if Choi played first last night. Remember, Easley did have 3 hits and 2 very clutch RBI's, something Choi may not (and probably would not) have done. Choi's steadily declined production wise since May (and the Expos), and quite frankly I don't have a problem with him being benched against lefties. Will he improve against lefties on the bench...of course not, but he sure isn't going to help us right now if he were to be playing.

 

Bring up any minor league numbers you want, but our scouts and coaching staff has to have seen something about Choi against lefties to not start him.

447895[/snapback]

 

 

Hey I like seeing Easley get the at-bats too, but why do it at the expense of Choi? Put Easley in the outfield for Conine, or give Castillo a rest once in a while...

 

It's probably tough for Easley to keep his defense up, sitting on the bench so much & then when he does get a start, who knows where he's playing next...

 

Anyway he's no gold glove regardless of where he plays. Still, it's a nice bat to mix in the lineup, I just don't want him taking Choi's place.

I don't see it on ESPN, I can get Sac Fly's, Sac's, HBP's, IBB's, but no RISP... :confused

448012[/snapback]

Try "With Runners On"

uh huh, I see the stats, but no RISP, there's the usual stuff, then OBP and OPS, when you open the player profile, there's no RISP either.

 

When you open the player profile, you can get the groundball to flyball ratio, pitches per plate appearance, but still no RISP numbers...

I would love to see Easley start, but NOT at first. Leave that to Choi. Easley deserves to start, that boy can flat out hit.

I love Choi too, but you gotta give Easley a break, he isnt playing that position steady either so maybe his defense isnt as sharp as it would be if he were there all the time and secure in his position?

Easley may have botched that play, but he did snag a tough short hopper earlier. He only has 3 errors on the season...so I think he is getting a bit of a bad rap. Pavano also had several chances to end the inning after that.

 

Easley IMO is a solid bench player. He has the best BA of anyone on the bench. He certainly is a couple of notches above Harris....I just keep wondering when Jack is going to realize this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.