The new Florida Panthers Fan Page

CapeFish

So like a daily......how much the owners want to take fro mthe players writing?

460107[/snapback]

No roster movements, rumors, Panthers news, Rampage news, the search for a new TV voice, lockout (hopefully not) news, news about the ODC, jokes about Keenan...it goes on and on.

i dont follow hockey, really....

but why wont there be a season?

460123[/snapback]

The NHL needs drastic budget changes. No one will agree, so there will be a lockout.

460130[/snapback]

Yup which I hope means more basketball on TV.

460136[/snapback]

I felt that there was not even close to the ammount of hockey on TV as years past.

i dont follow hockey, really....

but why wont there be a season?

460123[/snapback]

The NHL needs drastic budget changes. No one will agree, so there will be a lockout.

460130[/snapback]

Yup which I hope means more basketball on TV.

460136[/snapback]

I felt that there was not even close to the ammount of hockey on TV as years past.

460163[/snapback]

There wasn't which is a bad thing. But I will always love hockey. Can't keep me from it. Hell I will try to get a TSN and CBC feed so I can watch more hockey. :thumbup

Dont you get it....there wont be a season next year.

460119[/snapback]

The season is still on as of right now. The Panthers are really busy on the free agent market and are close to signing back Mellanby!

460129[/snapback]

cant we get a vet that has something left?

460119[/snapback]

The season is still on as of right now. The Panthers are really busy on the free agent market and are close to signing back Mellanby!

460129[/snapback]

460732[/snapback]

Sean Hill and Eric Cairns have a lot left Rampo my boy.

460119[/snapback]

460129[/snapback]

460732[/snapback]

460735[/snapback]

wahoo

:confused

460119[/snapback]

460129[/snapback]

460732[/snapback]

460735[/snapback]

wahoo

:confused

460763[/snapback]

Sean Hill is coming off his best offensive season 13-26-39. Make you feel better?

For the blog I have posted a rating of the FA we have signed so far to give you a preview of whats in store.

So far the Panthers have been very active, if not the most active team in signing FAs. The players Keenan cut away were nice, but I believe they were necessary to the advancement of the Franchise.

Here is my analysis of each move so far and rumors of big names coming to Sunrise:

1. Jamie Mclennan Goaltender:

This move is very nice. Steve Shields and him are basically interchangable backups so it doesn't bother me. This NHL vet played with Edmonton after being traded from New York and ended up back in New York at the trade deadline (go figure). From what I have seen of him, he is a good backup and will push Roberto Luongo to the limit in training camp. And another plus is he knows that Luongo is "the goalie in town" and knows this.

This move I grade an A.

2. Eric Cairns Defensemen:

Finally, some grit on the backline. This imposing defensemen was the goat of the Islanders in the playoffs but other than that, he is a successful physical defensemen. With him around, he can finally help Roberto (who should've won the Vezina) clear out the front of the net. Other than his physical play, he should not be a factor in the offense and look for him to be 5th-6th defensemen on a team with the likes of Jay Bouwmeester, Mike Van Ryn, Lukas Kraijeck, and another new addition Sean Hill.

Move is a B (Hopefully he can recover from the 2004 playoffs)

3. Alexander Karpotsev Defensemen:

What the hell is Mike Keenan thinking. Sure he has the potential to be a positive addition but man this guys is almost as injury prone as Ken Griffey Jr. and he is a booze swigger and socialite. Thats my $ .02.

Move is a C- (Would be a D if not for the potential) If he does welll than Mike Keenan is a genius.

4. Sean Hill Defensemen:

Ahh the marquee move of the offseason. Coming off his best offensive year (13 G 26 A 39 P) this player has a lot left in the tank. He will be a positive influence on Bouwmeester, van Ryn, and Kraijeck. He also plays the physical game very well. He is no pushover. Look for him to be on a pair with Kraijeck. He will be a positive influence on the locker room as he brings Stanley Cup experience and overall experience.

Move is an A+

Rumors of big players include Joe Thornton, Bill Guerin, and Mark Messier.

Each one if they don't break up the core, is a good move.

I will post an update to this each time we sign a FA.

*NEW(as of 7/16 9:35)*

6. Joel Kwiatkowski Defensemen:

Another defensemen signed by the Panthers, makes me wonder what other plans they have in store. Kwiatkowski is a good, solid defensemen, nothing great or bad about him just solid. I really wonder why they are stockpiling good defensemen?

I give this move a B.