July 25, 200422 yr oh...yah that is interesting. Maybe there seems to be more temptations/pressures in today's marriages...I really have no clue, and am kinda talkin out of my ass right now 475511[/snapback] I just think people are spoiled. We want perfection in our mates. We know that divorce is a plausible option, unlike our predecessors. Maybe getting married for love is the big problem. We all know how hard it is to make a relationship work. Back then people got married to raise a family and share a life primarily.
July 25, 200422 yr my point is, while some see divorce as an epidemic, it's not as bad as people think it is. most people don't get divorces. marriage still works fine.
July 25, 200422 yr Can I ask why a 14 year old is so dissillusioned with marriage? Israel not working out like you hoped it would? Btw, it's far more glamorous to get married and divorced a few times. The best soap characters have the most last names.
July 25, 200422 yr I'm glad my mom and dad got divorced. I don't think I could live with that bastard for 18 straight years. Single moms > nuclear family.
July 26, 200422 yr Author Well I think a lot of people get divorced because they rush into it. And they go to fast. Remember: There is no such as thing as love at first site. Because if you like someone when you first meet them that means that you like them for their looks. And you cant just like someone for their looks. And thats the reason why a lot of people get divorced. Because they married their partner for their looks.
July 26, 200422 yr My spouse and I have been married for 20 years, We know each other for 26 years. It was during our 6 year on again, off again courtship that I realized that this is the person I want to spend eternity with. One life time just isn't enough. When you think that you cannot imagine your life without the person beside you, then that's love. We've been through birth, death and everything imaginable inbetween. And, the thing that I believe stands above everything else is respect. There is no one in this world I respect more than my spouse. I admire him and view him as an equal. We choose to view life in a single vision, not one that veers off to one side or another. We have the same goals and aspirations for our family. I think it's a combination of respect and a common vision for you to share with your mate. If both of you know where you're going, the trip is easier.
July 27, 200422 yr Author Now guys. How many people that get divorced say they are happy? And how many of them do you really think are happy?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.