Admin Bowa explodes

fishywishy

*giggles*

Familiar result by the dozen

Mike Lowell hit a tiebreaking homer, and the Marlins defeated the Phillies for the 12th straight time at Pro Player, a franchise record for consecutive home victories against one team.

BY CLARK SPENCER

cspencer@herald.com

Reports are the Philadelphia Phillies are looking for hitting and pitching help before Saturday's trade deadline. What they could probably use more than anything at this point is a witch doctor or exorcist to lift the hex the Marlins have on them.

The Marlins did it again to the incredulous Phillies, defeating them for the 12th consecutive time at Pro Player Stadium and 21st time in their past 24 meetings.

No wonder Phillies manager Admin Bowa erupted afterward.

''As a manager, I'm not even a player and I'm embarrassed,'' Bowa yelled at reporters after the Phillies dropped a 5-2 decision. ``It's [expletive] embarrassing.''

rest of article (recap)

The Cormier comment in the Philly papers was the most telling one IMO:

But Cormier (4-4) noted that the Phillies' clubhouse, during a 58-minute rain delay in the bottom of the eighth, was dead before the game had ended.

As if they had already lost.

As if they knew they wouldn't come back.

"You could look in that dugout, and you could tell," Cormier said. "I've seen it a lot of times. Just in general. It's a lot of stuff that takes place, and it's not positive. I feel that even though we're down a run or two, we should never be out of the game. There are a lot of times when you're walking off the field and you're down by one, you feel the game is over, and we still have one more inning to go. It's frustrating."

Cormier wouldn't say exactly where that negativity comes from.

"Just the whole thing," he said. "I really think the guys are really trying. It's not that we don't try. But sometimes when things don't go your way, it's not the end of the world. And you when we lose a few games it's like we've lost 12 in a row. It shouldn't be that way. We play every day. You know what? Tomorrow we might win. It's pins and needles in here. It makes it very tough."

Bowa has killed the enthusiasm of that team it looks like.

The Cormier comment in the Philly papers was the most telling one IMO:

But Cormier (4-4) noted that the Phillies' clubhouse, during a 58-minute rain delay in the bottom of the eighth, was dead before the game had ended.

As if they had already lost.

As if they knew they wouldn't come back.

"You could look in that dugout, and you could tell," Cormier said. "I've seen it a lot of times. Just in general. It's a lot of stuff that takes place, and it's not positive. I feel that even though we're down a run or two, we should never be out of the game. There are a lot of times when you're walking off the field and you're down by one, you feel the game is over, and we still have one more inning to go. It's frustrating."

Cormier wouldn't say exactly where that negativity comes from.

"Just the whole thing," he said. "I really think the guys are really trying. It's not that we don't try. But sometimes when things don't go your way, it's not the end of the world. And you when we lose a few games it's like we've lost 12 in a row. It shouldn't be that way. We play every day. You know what? Tomorrow we might win. It's pins and needles in here. It makes it very tough."

Bowa has killed the enthusiasm of that team it looks like.

479685[/snapback]

It's what Bowa does best...puts more pressure on his team at a time they need to relax. Let's hope they come out tonight as tight as a drum so we can get another win out of them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.