invision board.

dontrelle

Guest Guest

Very happy with it.

If you know your way around PHP you shouldn't run into problems you can't fix. The support team is great when needed. (you do need to license your board for support from them)

It's not too pricey. Definetly the best forum software on the market, including VBullentin in my opinion.

how are the options as far as controlling members?

along the lines of "troublemakers" and getting rid of people..

is there a referal option in which i should use?

i saw the monthly pricing, and it's not bad whatsoever, imo.

how much space do you/ this board require/use?

ok no more questions.

Guest Guest

Uhm, Invision Power Board is just a piece of software. Tech support (Licensing) is for the actual software and costs I think 70 a year.

The monthly cost is for hosting, and thats different and from Invision Power Services.

They do not have any control over the users on your site, you control them.

Where did you see those monthly prices?

Uhm, Invision Power Board is just a piece of software. Tech support (Licensing) is for the actual software and costs I think 70 a year.

The monthly cost is for hosting, and thats different and from Invision Power Services.

They do not have any control over the users on your site, you control them.

Where did you see those monthly prices?

503729[/snapback]

http://www.ipbhost.com/?standard

Ah ok, that's IPS Hosting. Got ya.

To answer your question of what this site needs, more than any of those options offered. We eat bandwidth for breakfast here.

Ah ok, that's IPS Hosting. Got ya.

To answer your question of what this site needs, more than any of those options offered. We eat bandwidth for breakfast here.

503828[/snapback]

do you recommend ips hosting?

is there a way to get unlimited bandwith (that you know of) :whistle

503839[/snapback]

Yeah, they are a good company.

Not that I know of.

Ah ok, that's IPS Hosting.? Got ya.

To answer your question of what this site needs, more than any of those options offered.? We eat bandwidth for breakfast here.

503828[/snapback]

503839[/snapback]

I recomend it. They are good quality Hosting company.

A good free hosting is http://forumflash.com which is runned by the owner of invisionboard (Charles).

A good free hosting is http://forumflash.com which is runned by the owner of invisionboard (Charles).

503934[/snapback]

Charles is not the owner of Invision Board. He's the President of Invision Power Services.

Plus, you do not get much bandwidth for free on FF and never get an unlimited bandwidth package.

i thought you said you didnt know of any places that get bandwidth for free or unlimited bandwidth?? (is that comment implying that invision DOES have those options?)

and yes to above comment.

503953[/snapback]

I was replying to AJ because he answered your inquiry with a link to FF and they do not offer unlimited bandwidth.

You never asked me for free bandwidth.

IPS Hosting does not offer free bandwidth or unlimited bandwidth.

503934[/snapback]

Charles is not the owner of Invision Board. He's the President of Invision Power Services.

Plus, you do not get much bandwidth for free on FF and never get an unlimited bandwidth package.

503938[/snapback]

Yeah True only 1 gig free.

Maybe a little late, but let me throw in my two cents. It is possible to use Invision Power Board (any version) for free...not Invisionfree, IPB. IPB itself costs nothing. They have an unlimited free trial version that a lot of people use. Also, it is possible to get free PHP/MySQL hosting for it for free, a good Google search will turn up a lot of results. As far as managing members, IPB is as good as any forum in that respect. There's not much more you can do than there is on IPB. You'll only run into problems with IP's if they have a dynamic IP, or are smart enough to use a Proxy server to get around the lame IP ban. I don't konw PHP, but personally I've never had any trouble with IPB. It's a good idea to know some HTML/CSS first though.

You won't find much bandwidth on free hosts.

You can not use IPB for free as a permenant site. Under the 2.0 license if you intend to use the software permenately you must register it or you are breaking the rules.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.