Hugo Chavez

FishFanPR

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/08/...l.ap/index.html

I can't believe he won! I was really expecting him to lose in this recall election. I have several Venezuelan friends here in Penn and they all talked about the injustices of Chavez's government. I don't know what to think of the electoral sabotage allegations from the opposition...it seems like there was an international presence to guarantee the purity of the results, but you never really know with the kind of scumbags that are running the Venezuelan government. Additionally, the opposition gathered 3.7 signatures to authorize the recall in the first place, and they got around 3.5 votes in the actual election, so that's an indication that someone might have tampered with the numbers...I guess we'll never know!

Guest Juanky

I never really expected this to be won by the opposition, but it isn't like the opposition is that much better anyways. It's pretty much a choice between Batista and Castro all over again.

Oh, and I don't think elections where people are voting at 2 AM are very legit, but whatever.