what if...

g8trz2003

this is a totally pointless thread, but it popped into my mind...

would you take a SS who could NEVER get a hit, but anything hit b/t where the 3rd baseman stands and the 2nd base bag was an out.

You would also have to play him every inning (that he was healthy).

I would.

That was pretty much A-Gon was the beginning of this year and the second half last year.

515941[/snapback]

psh you're not kidding, it got to the point where he was more of an automatic out than our pitchers

but i gotta agree with BlueJays....depends on the rest of the lineup

Groundballs, bunts, line drives and infield flies make up 67% of batted balls. Most hitters are righthanded pull hitters, the only full-time regulars that pulled the ball less than 50% of the time in 2003 were lefthanded speed guys.

If you're giving me an out 40+% of the time a ball is hit I'd take you no matter how you hit. To never miss a groundball is incredible, to rob every screamer down the line takes more than superhuman ability.

yes....it's just a whatif....it's not realistic...I just wanted to know how people would react...this has no underlying theme (such as, the reason A-Gon is or isnt good)...it's just a question that popped into my head.

I too, take the superhuman shortstop. With a shortstop like that, you can get a great hitter and just tell him to stand by 3rd base and not get in the way of the shortstop.

no, im not talking A-Gon...im talking superhuman fielding abilities. No matter WHERE the ball is hit b/t the 3rd base bag, and the 2nd base bag and how hard it's it...it's an automatic out...

but he will NEVER EVER get a hit.

516753[/snapback]

So if it was a hard line drive 20 feet in the air, it would still be caught by the SS?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.