Lowell's Struggles Preventing Late Season Rally

PBMarlin

Hate to say it, but Lowell's lack of production is killing our chances to make up ground in the standings. His struggles in June had a big impact on the season getting away from us. His struggles in August are taking us out of the playoff hunt.

I'm sorry, but 3 RBIs from our #5 hitter for the month of August just doesn't get it.

Perhaps Conine should be moved ahead of Lowell?

C'mon Mike, prove me wrong, would ya?

As some noted a week or two ago, Lowell has weaknesses that have, as usual, been exposed in the second half.

He is KILLING this team and killing his teammates' chances of returning to the playoffs. :guillotine

Something has to be done. Either Lowell needs to work hard enough to overcome his problems, or he can't hit in the 3-4-5 spot on a playoff team. The Yankees must have known he had these weaknesses, but let's face it, we've got a 6 or 7 hole hitter (in the second half) KILLING us in the middle of the lineup!.

As some noted a week or two ago, Lowell has weaknesses that have, as usual, been exposed in the second half.

He is KILLING this team and killing his teammates' chances of returning to the playoffs. :guillotine

Something has to be done. Either Lowell needs to work hard enough to overcome his problems, or he can't hit in the 3-4-5 spot on a playoff team. The Yankees must have known he had these weaknesses, but let's face it, we've got a 6 or 7 hole hitter (in the second half) KILLING us in the middle of the lineup!.

521696[/snapback]

Ya, our 2nd most productive hitter in the line-up is the source of all our problems. Maybe we could get nunez back if we gave up lowell. He sucks soooooo much...

Give me a f***ing break. Slumps happen. Lowell is a perenial all-star and you guys are talking about him as if he were juan encarnacion.

521810[/snapback]

Apparently you haven't been paying attention.

What do you consider a slump? 3 or 4 bad games? Is a whole month of underperforming just another slump?

For the past 3 weeks Lowell has given us 3 RBIs, scored 1 run, and is hitting .175.

This at a time when desperately needed to gain ground on Atlanta and the other wild card contenders.

This is the second time this season he has gone through an extended slump.

OBTW, Encarnacion is hitting .212 for the month......Mike isn't even meeting that lowly standard.

He will break out, he is just too good for this, I expect big things from him in Sept. He will carry us to the playoffs. There I said it

522043[/snapback]

I hope you're right. We need for Mike to get hot if we are going to have any chance in September. The same can be said for Castillo.

you are all right. Even though he has been to the all star game three straight years, he sucks and should be dropped behind enc. I could swear, it sounds like some of you people just starting watching baseball in april. Lowell is streaky.

522200[/snapback]

You are right. Lowell is an all star.

Great players step up their performance when the season is on the line. Cabs and LoDuca have stepped it up.

Where the hell is Lowell this past month?

It's time to see an All Star caliber player at 3rd base.

man some of u r dumb, yea mikey is having an off year, yea lately it is worse than ever, but hey, he is just goin through a huge slump, the problem is encarnacion, man he is beyond of bad, when we got him i was happy, i thought he will do wat he did last year, but no. all he does is pop-ups to the SS. im sick of him. bring on aguila, bring on anyone. not him, i am starting to hate juan

Mike's having an off year...We need to start relying on someone else.

522470[/snapback]

no he's not and no we don't.

522471[/snapback]

o ok...im sorry, your right.

mike is doing great!

:plain

522472[/snapback]

:lol :lol

522487[/snapback]

A .290 average and an .880 OPS is a hell of an off year. For comparison, last year he hit .276 with 32 HR and an .880 OPS. And that was the best year of his career by far. So I don't see how you call this an off year. This year could surpass last year as the best of his career or it may just be the second best. And that's an off year?

Some of you guys are totally ridiculous. Mike has been struggling of late, but there has not been a more clutch person on this team the last 3 or 4 years than Mike, not even pudge. He is having a good year, but had a bad month. The sad thing is that when he heats up you guys will be the same ones saying he is the best 3B in baseball. Take a step back for a second and look at what the guy does.

Some of you guys are totally ridiculous. Mike has been struggling of late, but there has not been a more clutch person on this team the last 3 or 4 years than Mike, not even pudge. He is having a good year, but had a bad month. The sad thing is that when he heats up you guys will be the same ones saying he is the best 3B in baseball. Take a step back for a second and look at what the guy does.

522594[/snapback]

Sure I agree, but in the last month he's been killing us. Nothing you can do about it, but hope he comes around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.