Marlins' test: Will they trade Lowell?

Cote is not being negative, he is being objective. This is the fork in the road that will tell us whether this management is serious or not in the winning department.

As for Greg Cote being objective, I suggest you follow this link to a list of his recent Herald opinion pieces. You might want to check out the one on Jack Mckeon. I think if you scan through enough of his stuff you'll agree he is at best minimally objective.

Cote List

As long as Richard Bush runs the (sports) newsroom at the Herald you are guaranteed they'll continue to distort coverage of the Marlins.

They will keep Lowell, thye just don't want to hype him too much because he might get greedy and ask for alot like Castillo. They are also waiting to see his performance in the second half. I don't see them dealing him, i think chicago and la are headed to a dead end.

Marlins2003,

Cote is objective compared to every other writer in SoFla. Berardino used to be the most objective until he started the vandetta against the front office. since then he ragged on dontrelle being called up instead of bump for $$$$ reason and has whined about trades that may not even happen.

I've said it before, but I think it warrants mentioning again due to recent developments, even if the baby bears and Brooklyn give up.

The Yankees are going after Benson and Giles HARD. And I, for one, am thinking.... IF the Yankees get their two most pressing needs of an OF and pitching help corrected in June, they will have anorther whole month to take a look at what else they need to do.

And when I look at the Yank-mes with Benson and Giles, I think the weakest link left is old man Ventura at 3B. I still think the Yankees are the team with the right of first refusal on Lowell. They just have too much money to burn.

If you were an inbred, moronic, bandwagoning, unoriginal sheep bastard Yankees fan you'd like to see Lowell start at third and Ventura's veteran bat on the bench, wouldn't you?

from the LA Times:

Executives in the American and National leagues still believe the Marlins will move Lowell for a high price before the July 31 non-waiver trading deadline, but the Marlins have apparently told clubs Lowell is a cornerstone of their future.

Whether the Marlins are simply trying to increase his trade value and delay another public-relations fiasco as long as possible, as many suspect, or seriously intend to retain Lowell remains to be seen.

:mischief

I'll tell you one fact. Every rumor is 90% speculation, 10% truth.

The media will pick-up on something and make it more interesting so people will read it.

I bet you any money ALMOST every Lowell rumor that has come around has been completely and utterly false. It's a business of entertainement, and you have to give the consumer something entertaining to make money. That's all it is...

I'll tell you one fact. Every rumor is 90% speculation, 10% truth.

The media will pick-up on something and make it more interesting so people will read it.

I bet you any money ALMOST every Lowell rumor that has come around has been completely and utterly false. It's a business of entertainement, and you have to give the consumer something entertaining to make money. That's all it is...

This board is basically the same. This board produces better news than the media supposedly covering the Marlins "In-Depth."

Cubs fans are surrounded by pro cubs media. Tribune owns the Cubs, WGN Superstation, WGN-TV 9 (Cub's flagship tv in chitown), WGN Radio 720 (Cub's radio flagship and 50,000 clear channel power house), the chicago Tribune, and Chicagoland TV (local cable news and sports outlet).

They have no clue to the truth.

ALRIGHT! This is my first post. I am a HUGE marlins fan and i live in Boston! (I was born in miami though, so there is the connection). I went surfing for marlins sites cause i was tired of just reading the herald and the offical site all the time, its nice to add on another site with good info. It's also nice to see so many marlins fans here who seem to know there stuff as well as i do. It finally seems like more people are caring and the fans are finally following the Fish. That said, Lowell is a keeper, the guy has only gotten better each year we've had him, the article is right, regardless of any hidden agenda it may have, the right thing to do is to sign this guy to a multi year contract, take the hit, i love luis castillo as much as the next guy but he is way more expendable than lowell, aka. juan pierre, and im sure you guys remember our david eckstein esk 2nd baseman kevin hooper, the guy isnt having a great minor league season but he good be a player, he nearly made the team, and yes, we have andy fox, mr. reliable to fill luis hole for a bit. i wouldnt even mind seeing lee go if it means lowell stays, although i would much rather keep him and his nasty 2nd half of the year stats. bottom line........Lowell is franchise player, book him.

Welcome fishfanfolife.

Unfortunatly, it looks like it's another member to the boards who positions himself directly with the other optomists...but hey, nobody's perfect. Lowell is definitely a keeper, you said it.

Now remember the first rule when posting.... Hate Fish Fillet...He's too negative. IF you do this, you'll be all good.

Fish Fillet, poor you that's your problem. You think that everyone hates you, I don't hate you. You can make some valid, points, but you can also be very negative and drive people nuts because their ideas got knocked down while yours are the only ones that matter. Don't be so arrogant and maybe people will approve of you some more.

And remember, I don't hate you! :D

Fish Fillet, poor you that's your problem. You think that everyone hates you, I don't hate you. You can make some valid, points, but you can also be very negative and drive people nuts because their ideas got knocked down while yours are the only ones that matter. Don't be so arrogant and maybe people will approve of you some more.

Nobody likes me!!!

One day you'll understand that every point I make is not only valid, but correct. And as for being arrogant, maybe it's just that I'm better than you ;)

I like playing the part of devil's advocate. It'd be no fun if everyone agreed with me the whole time.

Nobody likes me!!!

One day you'll understand that every point I make is not only valid, but correct. And as for being arrogant, maybe it's just that I'm better than you ;)

I like playing the part of devil's advocate. It'd be no fun if everyone agreed with me the whole time. Fish Fillet, this is not a lovefest. We have some big arguements. (see my penny to AAA thing! LOL)

Everybody doesn't hate you. I am part of everybody and i don't hate anyone on this forum (yet!! LOL J/K)

You're right, it would be no fun if we didn't have a pessimist amongst us optimists. But you are WAY TOO ARRAGANT! It's just a Baseball team forum, no need for it.

I take kindly to Filet O' Fish's perspective on things. He is quite witty and funny, but we differ at times. Sometimes we can agree, (the only time I remember that happing is today on several things) but we mostly have two very different view upon this teams issues...