No autographs at the season ticket holder event

Accord

The season ticket holder meet and greet is this Saturday, I have been looking forward to this day all year long ever since the one last year. We got a letter in the mail a few months ago just saying when it is, details, etc. and it said that they would be signing autographs. Well at the game yesterday I just went to the season ticket holder office to just confirm the time and the gate to be at and whatnot and they told me that it's PICTURES ONLY!?!?!? WTF??? Last year there were about 400 people at the event and every player was signing autographs, they had a table setup and the event took about 30-35 minutes for all 400 people to get autographs from every single player and also on the letter we received it said they would be signing autographs. I asked why they made this change and they said because it takes too long for players to sign autographs... yes, it takes all of 2 seconds for a player to sign his name and the event would go smoothly if they just made a limit of one item per person per player, not to mention the fact that the event is closed to the public and there will only be a couple hundred people there at the most, not like FanFest where there were many thousands of people. If I wanted my picture taken (which I don't) I would have gone to the "get your picture taken with a player" event they had a few weeks ago on the warning track, the guy I spoke to said i'll "just have to wait" until Spring Training :rolleyes: .

If you're a Marlins season ticket holder (half or full season), I urge you to call the season ticket holder office today between the hours of 9am and 7:30pm and complain.

I'm not a season ticket holder but sheesh, what is UP with the Marlins not signing this year. Though I guess this one isn't their decision. Who knows. A team like the Marlins needs to do everything they can to ensure that their season ticket holders are happy and want to come back the next year, disappointing them is not the way to go.

I'm not a season ticket holder but sheesh, what is UP with the Marlins not signing this year. Though I guess this one isn't their decision. Who knows. A team like the Marlins needs to do everything they can to ensure that their season ticket holders are happy and want to come back the next year, disappointing them is not the way to go.

528272[/snapback]

I mean, I can understand them not signing at a huge public event with thousands of people, but there's no excuse for them not to sign at a small private event for season ticket holders only and to tell me that i've got to wait for spring training and it's not even fall/winter yet is absurd.

I'm sure a lot of season ticket holders are going to show up to the "picture" event tomorrow under the impression they'll be getting autographs from the entire team and then be PO'ed when they're told the players aren't allowed to sign any autographs. It takes less time to sign an autograph than take a picture, are they afraid Beckett is going to get a blister or something? :rolleyes:

Oh well, looks like i'll just be going to that Seabass signing at 12pm in Pembroke Pines I believe which is fine with me, i'm just disappointed I won't be getting the entire team to sign a ball like I thought was going to happen.

Speaking of Spring Training, I went to this year's team-sponsored Season Ticket Holder Autograph Session at Roger Dean Stadium and it was not well organized at all. I got there an hour early and the line was huge; also, both the Marlins AND St. Louis Cardinals were signing at the same time, so the line couldn't move quickly enough. Finally, the time ran out (it was only a 2-hour commitment for the teams), and the players just got up and left, with a huge line of people still waiting. Everybody was like: "Where'd they go? Are they coming back?". Finally, event coordinators went on the PA system and basically told everybody "it's over, thank you, go home". More than half the people doing the 3-hour-plus line did not get an opportunity to see the players, let alone get an autograph; they went home tired and upset, especially the kids. It was a real dissapointment.

By the way, when "time-up" was called by the event staff, Jeff Conine stayed behind to sign a few more autographs for the kids who were left stranded in line. He stayed for almost 10 minutes after all the other players had left. That was very cool of Niner. Props.

Hmmm I'm not sure what you're talking about but the event going on on saturday IS Photo Day :plain and you haven't been allowed to get autographs during that for a while. All you do is sneak it in when they aren't looking. Simple. If they see you they'll either yell at you OR if they don't really care then they don't care. Are we thinking of other things? I'm going to Photo Day on saturday and I've going to try and get things signed. :huh

Guest marlins02

If they see you they'll either yell at you OR if they don't really care then they don't care.

if i take money out of my pocket to buy season tickets and someone from the team yells at me because i want a sig, i would start threatning to cancel my season tickets on the spot and i would make a real scene. its really idiotic and bad buisness (especially down here) for them to actually deny autographs to season ticket holders at a function their holding for them.

It's not what the whole thing is for though. It's called PHOTO DAY.. not Autograph Day or Photo and Signing Day... Everyone get's stuff signed anyway but the players are in chairs.. no table or pens etc. because that's not what it's for. You get to take pics and meet the players. They used to have signings before games where I got some sigs and wayyy before that you'd have to run up the ramp to be the first few in line for autographs. They just recently had an autograph thing but you had to be in the fan club. I'm a season ticket holder and I thought it was unfair that I didn't get to go because I'd been in the club before and I'd had season tickets for years. Couldn't go, big deal. Trust me, bring a ball or folder..whatever with a pen and the player will sign it. If they say the can't then don't be mad at them or the people. THAT IS NOT WHAT PHOTO DAY IS FOR.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.