If the NHL doesn't play a game

BullDurham

Never really cared for hockey. It's probably best if the Panthers get contracted and about 11 other teams get contracted. The league is too diluted and the teams can't support the ginormous salaries.

Never really cared for hockey. It's probably best if the Panthers get contracted and about 11 other teams get contracted. The league is too diluted and the teams can't support the ginormous salaries.

561339[/snapback]

Talent level has caught up Fritz. People said that about baseball, and look where it is now.

I care and I am extremely pissed at the players for being overgreedy, and the owners opening that door up for them.

561339[/snapback]

Talent level has caught up Fritz. People said that about baseball, and look where it is now.

I care and I am extremely pissed at the players for being overgreedy, and the owners opening that door up for them.

561388[/snapback]

How has the talent level caught up? You've just gotten used to the mediocrity of the league. When Gretzky and Messier were in their hey-day with the Oilers there were less teams and people looked at 200 point seasons as a great acheivement. Nowadays, 100 points is the big thing. I mean, c'mon, the top goal scorer now scores about 55-60 goals a year whereas Gretzky was knocking in 90 goals in a year. Granted, Gretzky is arguably the greatest of all time but in other sports the greatest never had such a huge gap between them, their contemporaries, and the future generations.

561339[/snapback]

561388[/snapback]

How has the talent level caught up? You've just gotten used to the mediocrity of the league. When Gretzky and Messier were in their hey-day with the Oilers there were less teams and people looked at 200 point seasons as a great acheivement. Nowadays, 100 points is the big thing. I mean, c'mon, the top goal scorer now scores about 55-60 goals a year whereas Gretzky was knocking in 90 goals in a year. Granted, Gretzky is arguably the greatest of all time but in other sports the greatest never had such a huge gap between them, their contemporaries, and the future generations.

561458[/snapback]

Thats a change in the game, noty the talent level. If Darcy Hordichuk played in the 40s, he'd score about 300 goals and notch 500 assists. Don't try arguing with me about hockey, you have already lost.

Def a change in the game. The trap style of play is what is slowing the game down, thus less goals. Plus there are too many teams, only allowing each team to have one really solid line.

If every team played like the Red Wings, hockey would be great! (yes, I'm a homer)

Def a change in the game. The trap style of play is what is slowing the game down, thus less goals. Plus there are too many teams, only allowing each team to have one really solid line.

If every team played like the Red Wings, hockey would be great! (yes, I'm a homer)

561545[/snapback]

I think a better one would be the Avalanche. High-flying offense, good defense, solid goaltending. (I know this hurts a Red Wings fan a lot). Or the Thrashers. Even though they are a Panthers rival, I love watching their open style of play and high power offense.