The Official Thread of World Soccer

METSrosexual

figured to just have one thread dedicated to soccer and futbol soccer. we can all just rant and discuss in this one area vs having separate Serie A, Champions League and Liga threads.

im starting off with the obvious news of the day for me, Jose Antonio Camacho abandoning Real Madrid after 4 games. if he wants to leave, ill open the door for him. i dont think that a coach should ever abandon a team in the middle of a mess like were going through right now. screw him. happy to see a low key guy such as Mariano Garcia Remon take over he ship from here on out.

game tomorrow vs. Osasuna will be the start of a new season (after 3 games anyway). HALA MADRID!!!!!!

figured to just have one thread dedicated to soccer and futbol soccer. we can all just rant and discuss in this one area vs having separate Serie A, Champions League and Liga threads.

im starting off with the obvious news of the day for me, Jose Antonio Camacho abandoning Real Madrid after 4 games. if he wants to leave, ill open the door for him. i dont think that a coach should ever abandon a team in the middle of a mess like were going through right now. screw him. happy to see a low key guy such as Mariano Garcia Remon take over he ship from here on out.

game tomorrow vs. Osasuna will be the start of a new season (after 3 games anyway). HALA MADRID!!!!!!

565616[/snapback]

You can have Cuper.He's a good man and great skill.

He brought a very impossible team like Inter to a 3rd place (losing scudetto to the very last game!) to a semifinal Champions League and again a 2nd place in the league.

And doing this Inter would stop paying him....

Hecto Cuper, although a very good coach, is too similar to Camacho in terms of personality. very strong and authoritative, which is what started this whole mess. plus, call me crazy, but i wouldnt be too thrilled to have round 2 of Ronnie-Cuper going on. the team would implode within days.

Florentino has stated that Garcia Remon will remain as coach till the end of the season. im hoping for a del Bosque type miracle out of this guy.

South America Sub-17 semifinals are in!

Colombia advances by defeating Chile 2-0.

Argentina advances by defeating peru 1-0

Uruguay advances by defeating Brazil in Penalty kicks.

Paraguay DESTROYED Venzuela to advance(I'm not even sure how did Venezuela got this far).

Semifinals 9/24

Uruguay - Paraguay

Argentina - Colombia

"Luis Amaranta Per?a has been described by trainers of the qualities of Radomir Antic how" the best CB of the world at this moment, without a doubt, is in addition fastest ". With an average of eight points of qualification on ten in each one of the three official parties that have disputed in the League of Stars, it is the conductive nerve of the leader of Spanish soccer. Its last performance in front of powerful Barcelona, the past weekend, encumbr? as the best Latin American player of the League in the beginning of this one; weekly classification that makes the agency of the news EFE. "It is a Ferrari", "the best investment of Athletic of Madrid in the last the years", "the Black is going to take to us to gain the league" were some of the concepts emitted by fanatics "Colchoneros" around the world in the dialogue via Internet offered by the Club yesterday. "he is a pure, insurmountable sprinter in the hand by hand; he could compete in the one hundred flat meters with Tim Montgomery or Carl Lewis at his better moment, runs the first 20 meters in 2.84 seconds, Montgomery did in three flat "agree in writing down the information of the international press. Without doubt the new "Colombian Ferrari" has reopened the Spanish market for our soccer. Their humility, seriousness and exultante quality are guarantee of success in Spain. Amaranth is pride of the Smaller Divisions of Sport the Independent Medell?n for the world."

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?xre...1&anchor=dasftb

I know some of you watch La Ligua so I wonder if you guys had the chance to watch Perea yet?

"Luis Amaranta Per?a has been described by trainers of the qualities of Radomir Antic how" the best CB of the world at this moment, without a doubt, is in addition fastest ". With an average of eight points of qualification on ten in each one of the three official parties that have disputed in the League of Stars, it is the conductive nerve of the leader of Spanish soccer. Its last performance in front of powerful Barcelona, the past weekend, encumbr? as the best Latin American player of the League in the beginning of this one; weekly classification that makes the agency of the news EFE. "It is a Ferrari", "the best investment of Athletic of Madrid in the last the years", "the Black is going to take to us to gain the league" were some of the concepts emitted by fanatics "Colchoneros" around the world in the dialogue via Internet offered by the Club yesterday. "She is a pure, insurmountable sprinter in the hand by hand; he could compete in the one hundred flat meters with Tim Montgomery or Carl Lewis at his better moment, runs the first 20 meters in 2.84 seconds, Montgomery did in three flat "agree in writing down the information of the international press. Without doubt the new "Colombian Ferrari" has reopened the Spanish market for our soccer. Their humility, seriousness and exultante quality are guarantee of success in Spain. Amaranth is pride of the Smaller Divisions of Sport the Independent Medell?n for the world."

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?xre...1&anchor=dasftb

I know some of you watch La Ligua so I wonder if you guys had the chance to watch Perea yet?

571113[/snapback]

nope, havent had a chance to just yet.

another shameful loss today. this time a 2-1 loss at Athletic Bilbao. we better get our act together soon, and i mean soooon.

on a high note, Raul scored a goal for the first time in 6 months and looked very dangerous all over the field. hopefully he is out of this funk hes been in for the last year. if he is, watch out, dont forget what he has done in the past.

this Tuesday is the Champions League game vs. Roma, who lost to an undermanned Bologna team. also, manager Rudi Voeller offer to resign after the loss. this sucks, but hopefully it will give Madrid the edge, as we need the win BADLY.

another shameful loss today. this time a 2-1 loss at Athletic Bilbao. we better get our act together soon, and i mean soooon.

on a high note, Raul scored a goal for the first time in 6 months and looked very dangerous all over the field. hopefully he is out of this funk hes been in for the last year. if he is, watch out, dont forget what he has done in the past.

this Tuesday is the Champions League game vs. Roma, who lost to an undermanned Bologna team. also, manager Rudi Voeller offer to resign after the loss. this sucks, but hopefully it will give Madrid the edge, as we need the win BADLY.

571995[/snapback]

I was at work last night and my tv station was broadcasting live Roma, Real and Juventus games.

I was watching Real (you know I miss my baby Ronie) but I was surprised to see them how they play.

Real played much much better last year!!

I have no idea how Camacho worked in the preseason but there should be something wrong with him.

Maybe it loaded the players too much but I could hardly recognize the talented players Real has!!!

My baby has lost weight (he says thanks to his new girlfriend!!) but still not in a good form!!!

Roma was simply horrible!!!

Lucky enough to play against 9 Bologna players (2 sent off!!! The first one Cipriani got 2nd yellow card and could have been penalty for Bologna!!) could do nothing at all.

Montella, defenitely the Roma best striker so far, was sat and was sos funny to see him just talking and talking and arguing with 2nd coach during the game at one side of the bench!

Well, Voeller resigned and I think that's good for Roma!!!!

Palermo showed how Juventus is not unbeatable!!

Palermo fans showed Juventus fans how to support their team: in Torino there were 16.000 Juventus fans (most of them with season tix!) and 12.000 Palermo supporter coming from everywhere in Italy and Europe!!!

Still unclear to me why the hell Juventus is still playing in a city where they think Torino is the only team of the town!!!!?????

Anywhere else in the universe that team would have been already moved from ages!!!

This afternoon Inter vs Parma and tonight an interesting Lazio vs. Milan

ESPN so far has been ok with me...this Tuesdays Champions League game is the Real Madrid - Roma game live from the Bernabeu. last time these two played there, Totti shined as Roma beat Madrid, something an Italian team hadnt done there in many, many years.

though i would like more Champions League games on the ESPN networks, rather than the 1999 high school cheerleading championships, or the world series of dog grooming.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.