Everything posted by lucaze
-
2008-09 Club Soccer Thread
Messina Football Club! giallorossi!!! Hey ragazzi, how many italians here!!! Luca
-
2008-09 Club Soccer Thread
and the berby between AC MILAN & INTER MILAN finished 1-0 by Milan. Champions will always be champions and Ronaldinho came up again in a big game and showed that he still has it with the winner against Inter. That b***y b***rd played his only decent game of hi slast two season against Inter. Big lost there for Inter and even more concerning tie the following Wednesday in Champions League but still at the topo of both League and the Special One is ruling with the italian media!!!
-
International friendlys
Wow, Italy still looks very sharp. Andre Pirlo is Ridiculous. Pirlo is ridicolous only because heplays for Milan :shifty Unfortunately his free kicks are terrific
-
Still paying 4 mil to ex-Marlins in '08!
This blurb from the miamiherald: The Marlins will pay more to former Marlins in '08 (a combined $4 million-plus to Carlos Delgado, Al Leiter, Luis Castillo and incarcerated Ugueth Urbina) than to any one current Marlin ( Kevin Gregg is tops at $2.5 million). Florida must pay Delgado $2 million in '09, too. I didn't realize Castillo and Urbina were still on the books! Really sorry for this but I don't fully get the reason Marlins should still pay traded players! 4m is a lot for a team like Marlins... Come on, it must be a joke or front office was/is crazy???
-
37th Baseball World Championship
USA - Cuba 6 - 3 WP: Shell (1-0) LP: Marti (1-1) SAVE:Stevens (2) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E USA 0 3 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 6 14 1 Cuba 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 3 7 0 Well, it looks like Italy is the only team has beaten USA. Everybody agreed Usa put together a great roster and played very well. Great final against Cuba! Congratulation to you guys!!!! Italy had a great start of tournament. Great win against Usa, tough lose against home Taiwan with a couple of bad refree calls in the ninth and tenth on the 0-0 score. Then bad games against Japan and Mexico! After all a good improvement after the terrible European Championship! My opinion is that it's a shame nobody could not use pro players. It would have been an huge success: now we have to wait WC baseball in 2/3 years. Ciao Luca
-
37th Baseball World Championship
USA - Cuba 6 - 3 WP: Shell (1-0) LP: Marti (1-1) SAVE:Stevens (2) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E USA 0 3 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 6 14 1 Cuba 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 3 7 0
-
37th Baseball World Championship
WORLD CUP: THE SITUATION AFTER THE QUALIFYING ROUND ROBINS Team USA won the match up against Chinese Taipei on a 3 home run (2 by Rugguano and 1 by Nix) night and makes it to the quarter final as the number 1 seed. With an easy win over South Africa, Panama is the number 4 seed in group 'A'. Group 'A', the scores Japan-Spain 4-3 Mexico-Italy 11-2 Panama-South Africa 13-3 (7 innings) Taiwan-USA 7-10 Group 'A', the final standings USA 857 (5 wins-1 loss) Taiwan and Japan 714 (5-2); Panama and Mexico 571 (4-3); Italy 429 (3-4); Spain 143 (1-6) South Africa 0 (0-7) Qualified for the quarter finals USA, Taiwan, Japan and Panama The Netherlands are the team of the day. After defeating Korea, they won against Cuba and finished the round robin with an unprecedented 5-2 record and clinching the third position. Canada lost a thriller against Australia and was eliminated. The number 4 seed of group 'B' will be Korea. Group 'B', the scores Cuba-Olanda 1-2 Germania-Corea 1-8 Canada-Australia 6-7 Venezuela-Thailandia 17-3 (7 innings) Group 'B', the standings Cuba and Australia 857 (6 wins-1 loss); The Netherlands 714 (5-2); Korea and Canada 571 (4-3) Venezuela 289 (2-5) Germany 167 (1-6); Thailand 0 (0-7) Qualified to the Quarter Finals Cuba, Australia, The Netherlands and Korea Friday 11/16, the Quarter Finals (all times CET) Australia-Japan (5 am) Taiwan-The Netherlands (5 am) United States-Panama (11 am) Cuba-Panama (11 am) All games will be live on www.stadeo.tv
-
37th Baseball World Championship
WORLD CUP: USA AND CUBA WILL PLAY SUNDAY FOR THE GOLD MEDAL Team USA will face Cuba in the gold medal game of the 37th baseball World Cup at 4.30 pm local time (9.30 CET) on Sunday 11/18. Team USA should start lefty Duensing (a AAA starter for the Twins) and also Cuba will probably give the ball to a lefty, Norberto Gonzalez. Cuba is the defending champion, while Team USA hasn't played in a World Cup final since 2001. That gold medal game was played in the same stadium ("Tien Mou") and saw Cuba beat an american squad managed by nowadays Red Sox skipper Terry Francona. Team Usa beat (5-0) The Netherlands in a game dominated for 7 innings by pitchers. Dutch starter David Bergman gave up a towering home run to Colby Rasmus on the second pitch of the night, but was superb after that. Matt Wright was almost untouchable for 6 innings. Team USA opened the score in the 8th thanks to a 'slash' by second baseman Nox that turned out to be a 'texas leaguer' in right field and to a chopper by first baseman Pearce that went over the head of third baseman Legito. Team USA bullpen (Musser, Gronkiewicz and Booker) gave no chance to Holland. Cuba overcame (5-3) Japan thanks to a terrific night by left handed phenom Aroldis Chapman, who gave up only 3 hits while striking out 11, the last three in a row in the 8th inning. Chapman gave up his only run on a triple by Japan third baseman Yokoyama just after hitting on the head DH Hayashi. Cuba scored 3 runs in the 4th off starter Saito (on hits by third baseman Gourriel, first baseman Mayeta and catcher Pestano) and added 2 in the 9th on a double by center fielder Despaigne and a base hit by Gourriel. Japan got to closer Pedro Lazo in the 9th thanks to a couple of doubles by center fielder Chono and left fielder Yoshiura. When pinch hitter Nimura stepped to the plate, representing the tying run, Cuba manager Anglada gave the call to Maya, who came out to the bull pen to retire Nimura on a grounder to short. In the afternoon Korea had won (3-0) against Taiwan and Australia had beaten (7-1) Mexico in the games for positions from 5th to 8th. FINAL DAY: THE PROGRAM (all times CET; all games live on www.stadeo.tv; home team by draw) gold medal game (9.30 am, "Tien Mou" stadium) USA-Cuba bronze medal game (3 am, "Tien Mou" stadium) Japan-Holland 5th place game (6 am, "Shinchuan" stadium) Australia-Korea 7th place game (2 am, "Shinchuan" stadium) Taiwan-Mexico
-
37th Baseball World Championship
Is Marc Lamaccia on the Italian team? No, I don't think so. Where is he playing?
-
37th Baseball World Championship
Yes that is a pretty good team we have right there. Unfortunately there isn't that much interest among baseball fans...well at least around here anyways... good luck to Italy! It looks like I'm the only one to follow this event. This picture was taken during the game Canada vs. Holland...
-
37th Baseball World Championship
This is Team USA roster. Do you think is a good one for minors or not? Anyone from the Marlins organisation? ANDERSON, BRYAN C BIXLER, BRIAN Infield BLEVINS, JERRY P BOOKER, CHRIS P COLVIN, TYLER Outfield COOKE, DICK Coach DE ARMAS, ROLANDO Coach DUENSING, BRIAN P ECKSTEIN, RICK Coach GRONKIEWICZ, LEE P HOLLIMON, MICHAEL Infield JARAMILLO, JASON C JOHNSON, DAVEY Manager KARSTENS, JEFF P LACHEMANN, MARCEL Coach LAROCHE, ANDY Infield LONGORIA, EVAN Infield MUSSER, NEAL P NIX, JAYSON Infield OUTMAN, JOSH P PAZ HERNANDEZ, JACKSON EDUAR P PEARCE, STEVE Infield PEREZ, CHRIS P RASMUS, COLBY Outfield RUGGIANO, JUSTIN Outfield SHELL, STEVEN P SMITH, REGGIE Coach STEVENS, JEFF P TRAHEM, DALLAS P WRIGHT, MATT P YOUNG, DELWYN Outfield
-
37th Baseball World Championship
Matches? World Championships? Yes, in Taiwan there is a sort of World Championship. I mean a sort of since Major Leugue players are not allowed to play. Accoring to everybody Team USA is THE favourite and have a lot of Triple A prospect players. And many more are coming from some years in the Major. Yesterday Italy lost against Panama 6-0 and "our" Rafael Medina was the starter. Well, I know you can find all this ridiculous..... But it's the only chance to see my country playing against big teams...
-
37th Baseball World Championship
HISTORY IN THE MAKING: ITALY BEATS TEAM USA Team Italy makes history. The 'azzurri' beat (6-2) Team USA in their second outing of the 37th World Cup. It's the first time Italy beats a professional team from the USA and the last overall win the italians recorded against an american national team dates 1986. Italy played the perfect match. Defense was outstanding, with shortstop Santora making not less than 2 key plays, the most important in the third, when he got the third out (with runners at second and third) on a ground ball up to the middle hit by DH Young. "I know Young" said Jack Santora after the game "I was playing him up the middle and it was a good decision". Santora is playing consistently after a tough season: "You know, I really feel I have to thank God. I remember how miserable I was when my arm did not respond, now I am really happy. This is a great team". Italy's offense took full advantage of a scary day by Team USA shortstop Bixler and was able turn almost every chance into runs. Mario Chiarini starred, going 2 for 3 with a double. The american offense scored 2 runs on starter Matteo D'Angelo, on on a solo shot by left fielder Ruggiano, but was not really a menace for Team Italy's bull pen; 5 pitchers (Corradini, Panerati, Cillo, Di Roma and Ferrari) took the game to the 9th with a 4 run lead for closer Alessandro Maestri. The Cubs' prospect was wilder than usual and loaded the bases for second baseman Nix. He struck him out on a 94 miles per hour heater to end the game. "Let's say I made it a little more interesting" Alessandro Maestri smiled "I was maybe overthrowing a little bit. I have been in closing situations before and never gave up 3 walks". "This is a great win for us" commented Team Italy's manager Marco Mazzieri "But we need to focus on out next game against Panama". Team Italy's starter will be Sandy Patrone. Federation President Riccardo Fraccari followed the game from Tokyo, Japan, where he attended the IBAF Executive: "I have no words, I am too happy. It's a great win for Italian Baseball: 3 of the pitchers who beat Team USA (D'Angelo, Panerati and Maestri) are products of ou Academy in Tirrenia" If you want to watch the game here is the link. http://stadeo.tv/vod2/details.php?vid_name=85
-
37th Baseball World Championship
If anyone is interested here is the link of the event. Some games are broadcasted live on video streaming. http://www.baseball.ch/
-
37th Baseball World Championship
WORLD CUP: THE SITUATION AFTER DAY 3 After day 3 of the baseball World Cup Team Italy and Chinese Taipei stay on top of group 'A'. After historical italian win, the hosts beat Japan in the asian match up and Panama got an important win against Mexico to stay in the play off race. Group 'A', the scores Italy-USA 6-2 Spain-South Africa 7-4 Panama-Mexico 3-2 Taiwan-Japan 6-1 Group 'A', the standings Italy and Taiwan 1000 (2 wins-0 losses), USA, Japan and Panama 667 (2-1); Spain 333 (1-2); South Africa and Mexico 0 (0-3) Saturday 10/11 (all times CET) Mexico-South Africa (5 am) Spain-Taiwan (5 am, live on www.stadeo.tv) Italy-Panama(11 am) USA-Japan (11 am, live on www.stadeo.tv) Cuba keeps winning in group 'B', the victim this time is Canada, and Australia keeps walking off with the leading run. This time the 'aussies' needed a couple of extra frames to beat Venezuela. Holland and Korea had pretty easy nights against Germany and Thailand Group 'B', the scores Korea-Thailand 18-2 Australia-Venezuela 7-4 (11 innings) The Netherlands-Germany 15-5 Cuba-Canada 6-3 Group 'B', the standings Korea and Cuba 1000 (3 wins-0 losses); Australia and The Netherlands 667 (2-1); Canada and Venezuela 333 (1-2); Germany and Thailand 0 (0-3) Saturday 10/11 (all times CET) Venezuela-The Netherlands (5 am, live on www.stadeo.tv) Canada-Germany (5 am) Cuba-Korea (11 am, live on www.stadeo.tv) Thailand-Australia (11 am)
-
37th Baseball World Championship
HISTORY IN THE MAKING: ITALY BEATS TEAM USA Team Italy makes history. The 'azzurri' beat (6-2) Team USA in their second outing of the 37th World Cup. It's the first time Italy beats a professional team from the USA and the last overall win the italians recorded against an american national team dates 1986. Italy played the perfect match. Defense was outstanding, with shortstop Santora making not less than 2 key plays, the most important in the third, when he got the third out (with runners at second and third) on a ground ball up to the middle hit by DH Young. "I know Young" said Jack Santora after the game "I was playing him up the middle and it was a good decision". Santora is playing consistently after a tough season: "You know, I really feel I have to thank God. I remember how miserable I was when my arm did not respond, now I am really happy. This is a great team". Italy's offense took full advantage of a scary day by Team USA shortstop Bixler and was able turn almost every chance into runs. Mario Chiarini starred, going 2 for 3 with a double. The american offense scored 2 runs on starter Matteo D'Angelo, on on a solo shot by left fielder Ruggiano, but was not really a menace for Team Italy's bull pen; 5 pitchers (Corradini, Panerati, Cillo, Di Roma and Ferrari) took the game to the 9th with a 4 run lead for closer Alessandro Maestri. The Cubs' prospect was wilder than usual and loaded the bases for second baseman Nix. He struck him out on a 94 miles per hour heater to end the game. "Let's say I made it a little more interesting" Alessandro Maestri smiled "I was maybe overthrowing a little bit. I have been in closing situations before and never gave up 3 walks". "This is a great win for us" commented Team Italy's manager Marco Mazzieri "But we need to focus on out next game against Panama". Team Italy's starter will be Sandy Patrone. Federation President Riccardo Fraccari followed the game from Tokyo, Japan, where he attended the IBAF Executive: "I have no words, I am too happy. It's a great win for Italian Baseball: 3 of the pitchers who beat Team USA (D'Angelo, Panerati and Maestri) are products of ou Academy in Tirrenia"
-
Roland Garros 2007
Federer played very bad till the Itaian Open in Rome where he lost from the local player Volandri. The following week at the German Open in Humburg the final was again Federed vs. Nadal: Nadal won an easy first set and I turned off the tv thinking: "on Clay it's the same old story!": Can you imagine my surprise when I heard Federed won in 3 sets with a final 6/0!?!?!? Finalist : Nadal - Gonzales
-
2007 UEFA Champions League Final
They won it again!!! I HATE THEM SO MUCH..........
-
MB Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball League
Hi all, sorry for being late! I have just registered my team (the usual Euphorioa Red Shoes) and I am sure my frined Max will do the same in a few hours if that's ok for you. Can't wait to enjoy the Marlinsbaseball.com league as all the past years... Ciao Luca
-
You know you are a Florida Marlins fan when...
When you fly from Italy to Miami (and then SF) only to see the Marlins in the first round of the postseason and then you stay till the very last game (Postseason 1997). When you are in honeymoon in Mexico and after a Pudge HR you get crazy celebrating outside the Hotel room under an heavy rain (with the wife looking at you and thinking "did I do the right thing?") (Postseason 2003) When you stay up till late in the morning to watch a game on Mlbtv even if Marlins are down but you still believe it! When you post a thread with this title "Contenders in 2006: I believe it" in December 2005 and almost everybody think you are drunk. :whistle Ciao Luca
-
2006 - 2007 Club Season
I am an huge Watford fan: I lived in Uk close to Vicarage Road in the mid-80s when they got the Cup final and I think Elton John was the owner. I am so happy they got back to Premiership this season and really hope they could stay longer than this season. In the meantime my Inter won the first offical italian throphy of the season, The Lega Cup, against Roma last Saturday with a crazy game. After being under 0-3 in the premiere game in Milano and 1-3 at half time, Inter won 4-3 at the extra time with a wonderful freekick by Luis Luigino Figo! Next is serie A, Champions League and Italian Cup. Like for the Marlins last December, I BELIEVE IT!!!
-
A little respect from ESPN?
Here in Italy the satellite tv shows the most of the ESPN games live: but I cannot remember a game with the Marlins. Has a Marlins game been showed on ESPN this season?
-
what these young guns have done
http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...c=55038&hl= Do you remember this thread? That's from last December: I admit I was too optimistic but just a few of us could imagine what Joe and those wonderful guys are doing! Are we now contenders? I think we can make a try for the postseason but if we fail we have to admit the Marlins are the big surprise of the season. What do you think?
-
World Baseball Classic Round 2
Just a quick update regarding WBC here in Italy! Well, I know many of you (and us here in Italy!) laughed a lot while reading the birthplace of most of the players of Team Italy! It's something I don't feel should be done: Italy should play with only native italian players or italian citizen (Jason Simontacchi for istance became italian after living and pitching here for some years!) not with what we call "oriundi". But only now I realized WBC has a different aim! First of all you should know that: In all the italian newspapers baseball has 2/3 lines a day only if there is an important news! National team games are never showed on tv! Italian league has a very good level if compered to Europe (won a lot of Champions League in last years!) but low if compared to US (coach Matt Galante said same leve as a US single A): again is never showed on tv; I think just an highlights of the Italian Series at the end of the season! Even I know a few of the Italian league and players! Mlb games are showed 3/4 times a week (2 live during the night!): important games and postseason always live! Avarage of attendance is very low and big cities like Milano or Roma are not in the main league! In Italy MLB built up the first Mlb European Academy and some good prospect talent are just about to come out. Saying that, I have to admit that with Team Italy playing at the WBC it was all different! Games have been televised live!!!! For the first time there were big screen in some cities for the Italy vs. Domenican Rep. game (usually that's only for soccer at the WC!). Newspaper covered the event: they dedicated even one full page for previews and reports of the games! Long interview to Mike Piazza who was the real leader of the project (now even my mum knows him!). Good opportunity for young italian players to start feeling to be in a Major organization: coach Matt Galante and pitching coach Franco gave a lot of their attention to the two young pitcher prospects Alessandro Maestri (who signed with the Cubs) and Riccardo De Santis (who impressed so much in the two games he pitched). I am sure for them it was simply great to have such a incredible pitching coach and catcher to help them! And immediately after Italy was out I was so surprised to hear that for next WBC edition some towns with great baseball tradition want to hold games (that means building facilities, improve ballpark ect!)! There are also rumors of Mlb exibition games to be hold in a near future! And I am sure that more native italian player will want to be part of!! Still think that Team Italy should have had italian players! Captain Claudio Liverziani just played a few innings (sigh!) but I am sure that event will improve baseball in my country more than anything else. So, thanks a lot, italo-american players! You have done a great job and everybody is so happy about the great excitment you created. Maybe we'll may be need you for sometimes but we hope to become very soon a great baseball nation and could compete with the best teams!
-
World Baseball Classic Round 2
Hi all, maybe it's me that' I am wrong but I think that the decision of how placing each quailified team in the two Pools of Round 2 is simply horrible!!! I mean, it's a no sense to place in the same pool teams that have already played against in the previous Round 1: why should Us play again agaist Mexico? And again, Venezuela and Dom.Republic or Japan and Korea or Purto Rico and Cuba? Maybe I am totally wrong and if so please correct me! But in all the sport competition I know Round two is totally different. For istance one Pool is with 2 winner of Round 1 and two seconds of different Pools. Same for the second Rouind two Pool. And if Mlb really wanted to use this method why not using the firstround result? Most of those games were no sense! Well, I am sure there is a reason behind and I am so sorry I didn't get it! But the scheduling is horrible In my modest opinion Domenican Rep. will win over Usa in the stellar final! Ciao Luca