2006 - 2007 Club Season

Rune

Figured I'd start it off, it's coming up rapidly. I usually only follow the Italian and English leagues, with an eye on Brazil, usually because those are the matches I'm able to watch :D . I'm a Gunners fan, first and foremost, and looking forward to seeing the crowd in the new stadium for Bergkamp's Testimonial, against Ajax. That place is going to be full of emotions.

So what's everyones thoughts on this upcoming season. As it pertains to the Premier league, Chelsea, of course, is the team to beat(more so with their latest full throttle attempt at the champion's cup), but I'm willing to bet against them, just because it didn't pay off for Real, when tried the same exact team. As for the rest of the field, it's nice to see a rather deep field, yet again. I'll go with my Gunners, out of loyalty, but Man U, and Liverpool are still strong clubs(despite some of the drama over Mikel for Man, and Cisse's departure from Liverpool, and Tottemham has improved over an already strong club with Degui and Berbartov.

Should be interesting, and who the hell knows, now with Friday's new in the Italian League.

*edit* BTW, with the recent developments and his comments. Ashley Cole, can go play wherever he wants, just not with the Gunners.

I'm a little biased, but I think the Toffeemen will be near the top of the table this year. Andy Johnson was a great buy and Cahill and Arteta are hitting top form.

Also, here's hoping Tim Howard can stick and prove to be a #1 keeper.

Also, Tottenham will be very good. Robby Keane is probably the best striker no one in america talks about.

Johnson was an excellent pickup, he's proved his worth at Crystal. I don't know about bargain, for the price they paid, but I believe he'll be worth it in the end. You're right though, I find it hardly unlikely, they'll be near the middle of the table this year.

Guest Juanky

Reds fan here.

I don't think Man U will be able to pull out the Premiership this year, but they'll be strong. The Ronaldo-Rooney drama, whether real or imagined by the British tabloids, is still unsettled. They'll need a replacement for Ruud, who I believe is on his way to Real Madrid. Rumor has it that it'll be Fernando Torres, but until that's settled I'll wait. The papers link just about everyone up to Man U at one point or another, so who knows. Ole Gunner looked good in the South Africa warmups though (so what if they're not real games!) and Paul Scholes is fully healed so the front and mid should be solid regardless of the Torres outcome.

Also, with the rulings at the beginning of the weekend in the Italian league, it'll be very interesting to see which players get sold and who pounces on them. Some bigtime names could be available.

EDIT: What happened with Ashley Cole?

EDIT: What happened with Ashley Cole?

Well, last year it was discovered he was making illegal contacts with Chelsea, expressing that he wanted to play for them. He paid a fine, as well as Chelsea, and he continually sent out flairs that he wanted to play with Chelsea. He ended up resigning with the Gunners, but just yesterday he came out trying to ramp up publicity for his autobiography, by claiming Arsenal "fed him to the sharks", and were the reason for this whole scandal(Outside of the Cole family, no one will claim Arsenal had anything to do with this, it was Cole acting for himself).

It's amazing, Arsenal fans were really forgiving during the whole situation(It helps that he's one of the best at his position), but after yesterday, I've yet to see any of the major Arsenal fan sites, or forums offer some excuse for him. He's gone, and a lot of Gunner fans aren't mourning.

cool!

new logo for my team this year:

i should buy some of their stuff.

Might as well now, because I'd take the Spurs(as much as it pains me to say it), to be the real breakout team this year. I find it unlikely they'll be stuck in the middle for much longer.

i guess im in the minority here, but i like the Spanish League more than the EPL..

go Barca

you are not in the minority thats the best and most competitive league in the world BY FAR

I dont think ill be watching much club football since my old lady Juventus have been demoted and handed a very big penalty :(

Guest Juanky

Red Shite?.... awesome

LOL, yeah. But you'll wnat to just call them the Reds.I believe that name is already taken :whistle

Free Radio is cool stuff, but I just added the sports pack to my DirecTV subscription so I've got Fox Soccer Channel.

Red Shite?.... awesome

LOL, yeah. But you'll wnat to just call them the Reds.I believe that name is already taken :whistle

Free Radio is cool stuff, but I just added the sports pack to my DirecTV subscription so I've got Fox Soccer Channel.

no the name is not taken ... its the REDS and the RED DEVILS

:mischief

and I have GOLTV in my house as well as FOX SPORTS which gives me bundesliga, english premiership and some games from teh french ligue

GOLTV is great they provide great spanish commentary to the Italian, Spanish, Brazilian, Argentinian and some other countries as well as friendlies and some MLS games

Guest Juanky

ok so Liverpool is the RED DEVILS? stop throwin me around! lol

Naw, ManU is the Red Devils. Sometimes cut off to just be Reds, but not always.

And yeah catch, GOLTV was part of the package as well. Great news that the games are in spanish.

Arsenal is loaded at Strikers, but Wegner's killing me, dashing my hopes of Saviola, which Arsenal was allegedly interested in.

Although, first and foremost we need a defenseman, to replace Sol Cambell, but damn would Saviola look good playing at Emirates.