Wrigley Field Question

Hollyberry

The Stadium was built in 1914 originally for the Federals or the Whales.

the first major league game at the ballpark took place April 23, 1914, with the Federals defeating Kansas City 9-1 ... the first homer in ballpark history was hit by Federals catcher Art Wilson - a 2-run shot in the 2nd inning off Kansas City's Chief Johnson.

the first National League game at the ballpark was played April 20, 1916, when the Cubs beat the Cincinnati Reds 7-6 in 11 innings ... a bear cub was in attendance at the game.

My sister thought of something real interesting about why the Cubs have not won a WS in so long :)

So, are you going to tell us?

580363[/snapback]

It's a Astrology thing.... My sister says if they move to a different stadium they WILL win a World Series! The location of Wrigley Field is not a good place for the Cubs.... That's why they haven't won a WS in so long..

My sister thought of something real interesting about why the Cubs have not won a WS in so long :)

580363[/snapback]

It's a Astrology thing.... My sister says if they move to a different stadium they WILL win a World Series! The location of Wrigley Field is not a good place for the Cubs.... That's why they haven't won a WS in so long..

580449[/snapback]

also.... That why people can't explain why so teams perform better in certain Ball Parks :)

When was Wrigley Field built?

When was the Cubs first game there?

Thanks in Advance

BYE!

579990[/snapback]

There is an entire section on the Cubs website dedicated to Wrigley Field. I don't know about you but if I wanted information on a major league baseball stardium such as Fenway Park, the first place I would look is www.bostonredsox.com and the same goes for any other stadium.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc...ark_history.jsp

so when will the stars align for a cubs ws win?

580461[/snapback]

They have to move into a new stadium

580502[/snapback]

stinks for them

can you explain this theory?

580506[/snapback]

It's really hard to explain it but I will ask my sister to :)

It was kinda funny.. I was talking about how they Cubs have not won a WS in over 90 years.. and the first thing that came out of her mouth was .... build a new stadium or move somewhere

580363[/snapback]

580449[/snapback]

:lol :lol :lol :lol

oh man thats a good one!

580363[/snapback]

580449[/snapback]

:lol :lol :lol :lol

oh man thats a good one!

580616[/snapback]

I know *wink

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.