VEEPEE Debate thread

Shamrock

Edwards has momentum on his side, and is rather... err, lively.

But make no mistake, Cheney is plenty seasoned, and will be a good match for Edwards. Too very different styles of speakers here.

583571[/snapback]

:p

Yep, I agree. Cheney is a very smart man and skilled debator.

much better debate tonight....i think kerry and bush should just let these two duke it out for the next month

583633[/snapback]

Seriously. Both are well-spoken and intelligent. Bush sounds like an absolute retard next to Cheney. No wonder people think he runs the show. He sure sounds like he does.

although kerry did win the debate the other night, Edwards is doing a much better job then Kerry did....really in my opinion, the democratic party would be alot better off with edwards running for pres..not kerry

on the flip side, i agreed with bush on his statments, but he is such a bad public speaker he makes himself sound stupid, even though he isnt, Cheney spreads a much clearer message

although kerry did win the debate the other night, Edwards is doing a much better job then Kerry did....really in my opinion, the democratic party would be alot better off with edwards running for pres..not kerry

on the flip side, i agreed with bush on his statments, but he is such a bad public speaker he makes himself sound stupid, even though he isnt, Cheney spreads a much clearer message

583645[/snapback]

Bush was a C student in HS.

I wouldnt call him the brightest of the bunch.

583645[/snapback]

583651[/snapback]

Hes not dumb either.

I also say he is one of the most delegatory presidents in the history of the US.

583645[/snapback]

583651[/snapback]

Hes not dumb either.

I also say he is one of the most delegatory presidents in the history of the US.

583657[/snapback]

Wasnt calling him dumb because obviously grades in HS dont tell the whole story but I wouldnt call him bright.

In my opinion the delivery by Edwards is VERY reminiscent of Clinton. Kind of folksy, kind of like you'd think he'd be a regular guy. But, he knows his stuff. Pretty slick. So far a good debate. Each one seems to catch the other, however both are getting their punches. I have Edwards slightly ahead of Rumsfeld, especially on the war topics (although Cheney got him on their vote against the addition of more armor and weapons).

"Mr. Vice president, I don't think this country can take another four years of this administration."

Edwards is THE man. And whoever said they're carrying out the argument the way the top guys can't is absolutely right.

Tax cuts for middle class college families, boi! Sounds like Edwards is appealing to my peeps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.