al-Qaeda endorses Bush?

Shamrock

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/EC3...3FDE0B59D69.htm

The declaration turned its attention to President Bush, saying: "A word for the foolish Bush. We are very keen that you do not lose in the forthcoming elections as we know very well that any big attack can bring down your government and this is what we do not want.

"We cannot get anyone who is more foolish than you, who deals with matters with force instead of wisdom and diplomacy.

"Your stupidity and religious extremism is what we want as our people will not awaken from their deep sleep except when there is an enemy.

"Kerry will kill our nation while it sleeps because he and the Democrats have the cunning to embellish blasphemy and present it to the Arab and Muslim nation as civilisation.

"Because of this we desire you [bush] to be elected."

Interesting to read al-jazeera stuff from time to time. If only for perspective's sake.

"Kerry will kill our nation while it sleeps because he and the Democrats have the cunning to embellish blasphemy and present it to the Arab and Muslim nation as civilisation.

See, I read a quote like that in these published al-qaeda remarks, and I clearly see a masked endorsement of Kerry for the American people.

I actually think it's kinda obvious...for what reason would Al-Qaeda release a statement like that before the US election? C'mon now--what AQ member wouldn't be pleased to see Bush fall?

Right on Alky.....and what intelligent group (think what you think, Al-Qaeda has intelligent leadership) would come out and say this is going to be negative to us so do this other thing? Clearly reverse psychology.

See, I read a quote like that in these published al-qaeda remarks, and I clearly see a masked endorsement of Kerry for the American people.

I actually think it's kinda obvious...for what reason would Al-Qaeda release a statement like that before the US election? C'mon now--what AQ member wouldn't be pleased to see Bush fall?

601394[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing...but what do I know...